I can't stop thinking it's more than Mono

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm back again, currently on month seven and I'm fearing again. I've been to the doctor twice since I got Mono and even though she assured me that no tests were necessary and that it was just the mono symptoms hanging on, I can't stop myself from thinking that it's MS or Lupus. I was hoping some of you would know how to ease these fears? I know it's just the zig zag of the virus, but my mind can't seem to calm...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

calm down ! this virus causes sooooo many symptoms and believe me if you had any of those illnesses it would be way easier than this b**ch!

ive heard chemo is a walk in the park compared to this !

• Posted

I had mono back in 2015 and it hung on for a long time. Kind of came and went for months. What I did want to tell you is that I remember my mind racing so fast with fear I almost couldn't control it. So I believe this is actually part of the virus that's caused by epstein barr virus. It's truly a nightmare but you will get through it. I had to take a sleeping pill because my mind would race and I couldn't sleep. This helped lots. It also helped to keep me calm during the day. Just remember, this is not forever even though it feels like it is. You do recover, I promise!. Just hang in there and don't give up.

• Posted

thank you love for giving us all hope . tonight i feel like im going crazy the mental weirdness is unbelievable .i say take whatever pills you need to get through this as its pure hell.

• Posted

Hey Forget Me Not,

It is great to see a post from you, I remember you from posting a long time ago! I'm so pleased to hear you are doing much better now, and thanks so much for taking the time to encourage and help others with your post!

Hoping for many blessings and good health for you going forward!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig! Yes I remember you as well! Mono was so devastating you never really forget. I love it that you take the time to encourage others. I try from time to time because I remember how treacherous and scary that year was. Good to hear from you 😃

• Posted

Oh I totally agree Forget Me Not, that is the same for me the experience was so horrible and intense for me also and am just so grateful God got me through that time that I just want others going through it to know that there is hope and there is recovery from this thing, and to hang in there and not to panic if it takes a little while because that unfortunately can be normal but full recovery does come for the vast vast vast majority of people with some time!

Glad to hear you have been doing much better and definitely wishing you and your loved ones peace, love, hope, good health and many blessings going forward!

Craig

• Posted

Hi Alle,

It's such a horrible thing to go through this virus and all the worries about it possibly being something else too. I remember too having the same fears and worries, thinking 'surely mono can't cause ALL of these symptoms for SO long?' But truly Alle in a lot of cases it does and it can, it is such a nasty nasty virus often it just takes your body an extended period to get it under control and to recovery.

After 7 months I was still in a bad way with things, feeling discouraged and just not seeing any significant progress, just wondering if and when things would improve. It was so frightening Alle and I do empathise. But things did turn around with some more time Alle, thanks to God only as I know I couldn't have got through this myself I was so weary and down and feeling so unwell. It was at about the 10 month mark I started to see a real difference, started to feel more human again and the fatigue and low grade fever and horrible symptoms started to fade more and more as time went on. My experience was that Year 2 was one of hope and recovery, like a walk in the park compared to the horrors of Year 1.

So please hang in there Alle, remember as you say this thing is just zig-zag often and in no way does it mean in the vast majority of cases that anything else is going on other than the mono - it just takes time sometimes unfortunately with this, but truly I believe you will get there. It's so hard to live through I know. Just take it a day at a time and remember God is the great healer and will get you back to full health - I 100% believe that, even if it is gradual and takes a little longer, don't panic because you will get there!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.