I can't take no more

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone just be sitting and get a palps come on you and at the same time feel a warm sensation come up on your chest and arms and back of neck? I can't take much more of all this fear adrenaline chest palps constantly and feeling off balance dizzy stuff its been non stop since Oct, I ddon't think its all anxiety. I've been to er had EKG was normal sent home on vistaril three times a day I can tell ya that stuff is a joke it don't help at all but I keep taking it and praying this stuff lifts off me. How accurate is ekgs I'm scared of this stuff its non stop I try to stay calm but the symptoms itself causes ya not to stay calm.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You're not alone. I wake up with that warm sensation in my diaphragm then the panic sets in. Pins and needles. Lightheaded. Feeling sick. Mine started around end of October last year - first panic attack I've ever had. Absolutely awful. Every day since then I've been suffering. The doctors put me on propanalol- they help a bit. But have to be careful when getting up. They make your blood pressure drop and you feel a bit dizzy - which is a pain. I'm hoping as quick as these panic attacks came on that they go. Becoming a recluse as I feel so dreadful. Trying to stay positive which is hard - but the realisation that this is something that needs a strong mind to get over it is quite daunting. Am waiting for an appt to see a therapist. Stay strong. WE CAN BEAT THIS. 👍👍
  • Posted

I suffer with ectopic beats where my heart skips a beat! What do your palpitations feel like? I was anaemic when getting rapid heart rate which caused me to be anxious and ever since have had ectopics. I had a 24hr ekg and they caught 19 of them everything else showed fine, if your worries ask your doctor for a monitor then when it shows that it's nothing and they tell you your anxious then you should get comfort from that and when they happen all you will thing is blumming anxiety again! X
    • Posted

Wouldn't a monitor in er catch that in was hooked to one they said my heart was beating normal rythem and EKG was normal
    • Posted

Yes but they only record a few seconds but they can still see if your heart is working properly from that. I was in a bad way in regards to health anxiety I had a little baby and made my partner quit work as I was terrified, my doctor had no option but to get a 24hr monitor to stop me worrying, he even said he would send me for more tests if it would stop my anxiety but they said my 24hr tests was fine and that I need to get help for anxiety. If you are that scared plead with your doctor for a monitor because they can tell a lot from it and it will make you feel so much better. Anxiety can occur when we aren't anxious it's awful but we have to find ways to get through it x
  • Posted

Its severe anxiety and it can just pop in with no warning. Stay hydrated..drink at least 60 ounces of water or fresh juices a day whether you are thirsty or not. And eat healthy (small meals every few hours are best and if you cant eat from nerves use a nutritional shake sold everywhere vanilla, chocolate or strawberry or eat a protein bar) and learn mindfullness breathing. Your body can get in a hyper sensitive frame of mind and its exhausting but it will calm down. You have to feed it properly and there are suppliments to help. You feed it right so its supports your nervous system which is under war with anxiety. Basil chopped half a cup a day is amazing helper, ginger slices or ginger candies, bananas, abacadoes. They help your body. b compex vitamin after you eat in the morning. Co enyme q10 low dose helps for people with palps. There is stuff out there you just have to research it..preferrable on a positive search engine. Pinterest is fantastic. Ekgs are accurate. You need to understand your body needs nutritiin.
  • Posted

Hi, Pamela:  I know exactly what you are going through.  I've had panic attacks off and on for many years.  I get this warm feeling that flushes from my chest to my feet, and I've had all the medical tests, too.  One of my doctors put me on a beta blocker, which slows the heart rate down and it has been a miracle drug to me.  There are several beta blockers to choose from.  Mine is Metapropolol...it helps like you wouldn't believe.  I take it every day, along with my Xanax and antidepressants...There is light at the end of the tunnel sweetie...Hang in there and please ask your doctor about the beta blocker.....HUGS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.