I can’t tell if I have pinworm anymore despite not having many symptoms

Posted , 1 user is following.

about 1 and a half months ago i felt a sqwirming sensation in my anus at around one in the morning and it didnt go away so i took a mirror and looked and i saw a single white worm. i was terrified and told my mom. i took the treatment the next day and have kept very good hygine and so far i have had very little to no symptoms at all but I can’t seem to stop thinking I have them still. sometimes I’ll feel a very slight tickling feeling similar to the one I felt the night I discovered I had pinworm. but it only lasts for about two seconds and then goes away. I’ve only had this a couple of times.

i’ve never seen the worms in my stool or on my underwear etc. i have such bad anxiety about this that it’s really affecting my day-to-day life.

I am 15 year old girl and I consider myself to be very clean person. I shower every day and don’t bite my nails and I rarely touch my face.

is there anything I can do to confirm I don’t have them still?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.