I can’t tell if it’s contraception problems, I’m pregnant or if my anxiety is taking over.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over a month ago (around 5 weeks) I was sexually active when visiting my boyfriend. I’m on the combined pill and we used condoms apart from a few occasions but he rarely ever ejaculated near my vagina (never inside since we’re afraid of pregnancy). On the Tuesday of my second week there I developed a UTI so we stopped having sex. Due to not having access to my GP it went untreated but seemed to go away on its own. The following Monday I came on my period (which I’m fairly sure wasn’t implantation bleeding), it was heavier than previously because of my birth control but I’m used to that as I’ve been on it a few months. Things were fine after he returned home at the end of that week until recently. I’ve been encountering mild back pain and occasional discomfort while urinating to which I confined in my Mam and she asked if I could be pregnant. This made me anxious (they are early symptoms of pregnancy) but I had my period and I’m not experiencing any other symptoms (no tender breasts, weight gain, fatigue, nausea, cravings etc.). Is it that I’m overthinking (I am diagnosed with an anxiety disorder) because ideas are being planted into my head, could it be period related since I’m due to start or is it UTI related? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Back pain and mild discomfort could be a kidney infection.   Maybe the UTI you had initially never went away?   Back pain could be period pain? Sometimes when you’re dehydrated urine can be Stronger than it should be and can cause discomfort.    But honestly if You’re concerned take a test and see your GP. 
    • Posted

After further discussion with my Mam, we think the discomfort could be thrush since my pill increases the likelihood of getting it and that my back pain might be cramps from my period (which I coming more and more days before my period is due every month). If people could continue to reply with help that would be wonderful. 
  • Posted

Hi there! If you’ve had your period and didn’t have sex afterwards you’re most likely not pregnant! You’re also in the pill so I wouldn’t worry too much. I was going to say the same. Sounds something like a uti. Be sure to pee after sex every time. 
  • Posted

I think what you're experiencing is a kidney infection, I had this and it sent me to intensive care so I'd get it checked out immediately, not to worry you but If you leave it untreated it can seriously make you I'll. On another note, I had a kidney infection on another occasion and I found out I was pregnant, take a test to be sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.