I can't work because of anxiety and don't know what to do

Posted , 4 users are following.

im 39 and have panic and anxiety, when at work and people say in a fast or rushing pace or under pressure, my mind sometimes can't understand things and become blank at times, people get irritated with me . my family thinks I'm a loser. cause been let go or left jobs for not coping. they say the more you do it the more easier it gets and it didn't. I'm starting to think there's no hope for me. because of anxiety i can't drive, be in a relationship. i cant even kiss a girl because my mind doesn't understand how it works and cant comprehend it and doesn't work naturally. i feel my life is pointless. I've been praying going to church and thought my life would change. people aren't supportive and they like man up or get over it and get a job. I'm socially awkward to. so having conversations with people are hard and people Don't like talk when im then and feels like i have to ask questions Just to have a conversation and when i stop they stop talking and no engagement.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hello Dean,

I am sorry you are feeling this way, you are not a loser you just haven't found the support you need. Don't lose hope an try taking small steps.

If your family and friends are not helping (which it sounds as if they aren't), I suggest you try some counselling, it can be very helpful both for talking about how you are feeling and also in implementing a plan so that you can start taking slow action towards doing things that will make you feel better.

I believe 1000% that we are ALL good at something, only we sometimes need help to find out what.

You got this!!

• Posted

thank you for taking the time to reply to my post, i really do appreciate the support means a lot. The advice you gave at least made me feel like that is some hope. my family and friends well do see anxiety as an issue more like an excuse it is. its why I'm looking online platforms for support and thank you.🙏

• Posted

Hi Dean, I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. It sounds like you're surrounded by some very difficult situations as well as unsupportive people, so it's no wonder that you're feeling anxious and depressed.

A lot of your problems actually sounded very familiar to me, so I hope that you don't mind me asking this: do you know if you might be neurodivergent in some way? Especially the parts where you describe how difficult it is to think under pressure and how difficult it would be to kiss someone because of not really understanding how it works - that sounds like something I could have written! In my case, it helped me a lot with my anxiety when I found out that I have a slight neurodivergency (on the autism spectrum). That way I could finally make sense of certain situations and had words to describe why some situations were so difficult for me, and it's easier to connect with people when you can explain the difficulties you have with a clear reason. Also, these circles have a LOT of people who struggle with similar problems, so it's a good place to hear ideas for how to survive life and make it work for you. Either way, I really hope that you find people who will support your emotional well-being and understand how draining it is to face all these difficulties. I truly wish you easier times!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.