I cannot do this anymore.. help!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I feel the same way :”( I had to quit my job because it got so bad about people saying I smell and don’t shower... but I do shower every day and make sure I am dry “down there” and change my underwear twice a day... I take a probiotic every morning, I do tea tree oil and sea salt mix on a tampon twice a day.... I have tried peroxide and water douche once a week... NOTHING HELPS ! I have been on every single antibiotic my doctor can prescribe and it keeps coming back!!! I tried boric acid suppositories, I DONT EVEN HAVE SEX! and it has been about a little over a year now. I CANNOT TAKE THIS I have severe anxiety and major depressive disorder so going out in public is a CONSTANT struggle of FEAR or keeping perfume on and around me at all TIMES. WAITING IN LINE at any store I feel like people can smell it.... my daughter (she’s 7) says mom did you fart when she lays with me....... I found a guy whom I really really like and had to just shut it down because he wonders why I won’t get intimate with him.... THIS IS RUINING MY LIFE!!!!!! Someone PLEASE HELP. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Dear laura

Please google water work vaginal cleaning system. Check out the reviews on amazon as well. God send..

• Posted

I am going to add this to my list of things to try.  As I have checked off almost every single home remedy there is, along with Prescription drugs :”( thanks a ton! 
  • Posted

Have u heard of hibiclens? It is antimicrobial solution that people who are about to have surgery use in order wash with to prevent infection. Women who are pregnant also use it as a douche who have strep B in their vagina. Whenever I have B.V which is hardly ever now, I use one part hibiclens and 4 parts water as a douche. It is heaven sent. Please at least try it. Also, I don’t actually use the hibiclens brand, I use the CVS Version. 
    • Posted

Courtney,

I have not heard of it, I am desperate and willing to try anything. I am going to give it a try this weekend. I am praying something works soon I cannot live like this any longer :”( thanks ! 

• Posted

This almost made me cry because I went through the same sad but I have a cure! I've been suffering from chronic bv for about a year and hate antibiotics so I've used garlic (cured it for awhile but it came back stronger), apple cider vinegar (Works temporarily but makes you dry), hydrogen peroxide (works temp and also makes you dry),  NOW I finally stumbled upon a cure. Yogurt! I had one of those insters, the ones that come in a box of monistat, filled it with yogurt and walla ALL symptoms were gone. PLEASE it must be non fat plain yogurt (preferably with probiotics but not necessary as I just used plain yogurt and it worked great) I learned that if you don't COMPLETELY cure it with a method the bad bacteria learns to fight it and it becomes useless in the future. (Must be why the garlic became ineffective, it worked fabulousssss but I only did it once).  So I strongly suggest doing it for a few days to be sure. It will leak so wear a pad. Now the only issue I've had is a yeast infection from time to time, which for me the yogurt does not cure but at least I have no signs of that pesky bv smell or discharge!!! Yeast infections only last a few days for me so I just drink plenty of water and it goes away on it's own. 

• Posted

Thank you for the reply! I am going to try the yogurt I have been doing sea salt and tea tree oil diluted in 100ML of water twice a day. It helps a little but the smell just hits me in the car or a small room. It’s so embarrassing... thanks! 
  • Posted

I have a different kind of infection

E Coli. But I do remember reading about a lady who did the peroxide more then just one week

• Posted

I have a different kind of infection

E Coli. But I do remember reading about a lady who did the peroxide more then just once a week. But I do have to agree with putting yogurt up there. Plain not with sugar. I've heard good things. I had this e coli Many Years ago. Thought I was in the clear. Then one day boom. It was back. I figure my immunity is down. Took antibiotics. Felt great those 10 days. One day later it was back. Fortunately for me I know what doesn't work for me with past experience. I do know that this time I'm not going to stick anything and everything people suggest. Since the antibiotics didn't work I'm just going to see if my natural immunity kicks in.

• Posted

Hi Laura,

I've suffered for over 20 years. High school, college and work were hell on earth. I was bullied because of it. Being known as the fish girl is embarrassing but it gave me a thick skin and compassion for others. I try to be supportive anytime I see a post like this.

Have you tried VH essentials Odor treatment? It's over the counter at a drug store chain or you can buy it on Amazon. It worked wonders for me. They have a line of products that I recommend. If they don't work, try boric acid pills, also available on Amazon. I've been BV free for two years!

Once treated, get new underwear!! Drink more water and cranberry juice. Sleep without underwear when you can and enjoy your life.

I know right now is horrible but you still have to live and you should.

• Posted

Thank you for your words of encouragement, my Mother tells me the same thing. I just do not have a thick skin and I have horrible anxiety each day or around groups of being because of it. I have always had depression/anxiety since I was a teen, and this had just make it so much worse... I want to try and date and find someone but I cannot do that with embarrassing ODOR. No guy will put up with that unless they’ve already been with that person and love them.... so being lonely and embarrassed all the time is starting to eat at me.... I just want this GONE!! I’ve tried every medication and home remedy I could imagine! Nothing works, it it always present . I hope it goes away on its own soon! I seriously don’t know how much longer I can live in constant fear to walk out of my door or be around family/friends. 
    • Posted

I understand. I still have slight anxiety from the memories of embarrassment and being bullied. Writing to you actually helps. Unfortunately, it won't just go away. There are options. It just sad that most prescriptions do not work and you waste money on them. Good luck! You can do it!

• Posted

I just know that the Center For Disease Control knows how many women have this and how bad it is. And how most likely even though they say it’s not passed by men, I swear I got it from the last guy I had a one night stand with.. but no doctor will say it’s an STD.. so I haven’t had sex and have been trying like HELL to get rid of it. I seriously hope either this Luvena thing I am going to try works. And I have something called an ISLA stick on its way from Australia, which supposedly works wonders for women who suffer from BV. 

I’ll keep you all posted. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.