I cannot eat, upper stomach pain, nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

this has been going in some time. (years) and is getting worse. I have episodes of dull burning but excruciating upper abdominal pain, right in the centre to the back. and sharper pains on the right side under my ribs. these episodes last a day maybe, then I'm left with milder after pains.

I have bad diarrhea all the time. worse during an episode.

I always feel full, like I've had a 6 course meal. even when I wake up. even when I fast.

I can only eat tiny portions of very bland, fat free foods. and even then I can set it off. I water fast and barely eat

due to food intake I'm slowly losing weight, 5% of my body weight in 3 months but I'm obese so i have a lot to lose.

I'm exhausted and dizzy

I'm so uncomfortable all the time. like a rock in my stomach.

the doctors do not want to know. I was told it was not a problem, since I'm fat anyway

I have had an abdominal ultrasound, no gallstones or anything obvious.

I've been tested for coeliac and recent blood tests to check Fbc

I had half my thyroid out last year for hyperthyroidism with a large nodule.

I have uctd/lupus and dystonic tremors.

I have IBS. this is not ibs .

ive had some success with pancreatic enzymes but not enough. today I had pureed lentils and bread and I'm in so much pain. I can't keep going on with this. I cannot function. I can't just not eat, which is the only possible solution and still I end up in pain. it's just constant now

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya, I'm having very similar symptoms to you at the moment: Agonising abdominal pain; right side pain; loss of appetite; 24/7 nausea & diarrhoea. I also have had IBS for years, but agree with your statement- this isn't it. Its sucked all of the joy out of my life.

I've also had blood tests & ultrasound with no obvious cause yet. Have you been referred to gastro? I'm keen to get an endoscopy. You could have gastritis, have you done a stool test?

• Posted

Has your doctor investigated your thyroid problem? Thyroid disorders can masquerade as other conditions and can confuse doctors into thinking other disorders are to blame when it is actually your thyroid.Having IBS can also cause the symptoms you are having; ask your doctor about this. IBS is a very complex condition and can trigger more symptoms than you think; don't exclude this possibility. The other conditions you have could be playing a part too.

• Posted

You need to ask for a hida scan! sure, the ulatrsound may be normal and blood work,BUT you may have an under/over active gallbladder. The only way to know is with a hida scan. If your ejection fraction rate is below 40%, it's under active . if it's above 65%, it's over active. I can't believe they've never done this test.

I've had 2, in 9 years. mine is wacky and I'm more than likely having my GB removed. first scan was 30% , 2nd one was 88%. I have the same issues,as far as condtsnr nausea ,can't eat, epigastric pain. almost like someone inflated a balloon. I've also lost 30 pounds due to this.

so, just because the ultrasound was normal, push for a hida scan 😃.

P.S. I also have IBS,and this is makes it worse (lack of food intake).

be your own advocate ♡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.