I cannot find a Dr to help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm not sure I can go on any more.

I have this constant pain in my genital area. I've seen doctors but they keep prescribing fluconazole, steriod creams and emollients. I feel no difference and have had no symptom free period in six years. Ive learnt to live with it. I cant do long walks, my relationship has suffered he cheated but he's come back. Don't blame him as I have nothing to offer. I cant live live like this.

GP asks me what I think we should try next but I'm not a Dr. I think it is CV but no one will listen. They said no point on referral as will take months to go to vulval clinic, but I've already suffered in silence of years.

The hospital clinics are closed due to Covid and they will only see you if you have a sexual health problem. Dying of Covid seems like a much better option at this moment in time. I know that's a terrible thing to say but I cant see any point if I cant get a Dr to help me.

Thank you for your time.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hi aisha, i don't know what to say! it sounds like you're being fobbed off. sometimes if you go as though you're the expert the doctors are quite shocked by this and start to agree that they need to do something else. write to the manager or ask for an appointment to see the manager, the doctors need to get to the bottom of what is really going on. do you feel comfortable telling your doctor exactly what is going on. draw them a picture if necessary and ask a different doctor for a second opinion. good luck, i have got things done by laying it on thick, sometimes it's the only way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.