I cannot get Miralax / Movicol in my country and my fissure tore again this morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can I use Milk of Magnesia or Docusate long term?

The other option is wild bitter melon leaf tea I have that the plant is growing on my fence and appears to work but not sure how safe that is as it feels very aggressive.

Sometimes I cannot avoid a hard stool but I suspect the reason my stool was hard at the tip this morning was because of the pop corn I ate the day before, it ripped me up badly and there was blood on the stool so sad this happens to me every week when I finally think this horrid fissure is healing I pass just 1 bad stool and it rips.

I took milk of magnesia along with liquid paraffin and it still was hard even with drinking 5 liters of water. I believe there was a hard sharp poorly pooped pop corn that ripped me up I saw it when I inspected the stool. But offcourse this still happens even with oats if the stool is hard.

My life is over, the only real pain relief I have is Nitroglycerine with lidocaine.

I am not sure if to mix this with Neosporin also?

I am trying to locate a colorectal surgeon to get Botux injection but I can't seem to find one in my country. Can a general surgeon administer this Botux?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

y dnt u get surgery done? its a v minor operatiom and give u relief from this horrible pain if fissurebtw wts ur country name

• Posted

botox for fissure is minor . but LIS sugery isn't minor .

• Posted

yes right .get botox then, and take stool softner even if u get botox cz only one thing isnt enough get both. stool softner and botox

• Posted

you can use ducosate / colace long term. it's safe.

on milk of magnesia it says not for long term use.

you should really see a crs though. if you are too afraid of LIS, just get botox, the mild risk is only temporary and it may heal you permanently

• Posted

Thank you I will buy a whole bottle of ducosate, for whatever weird reason it says don't take longer than 7 days who knows why it even says that.

I am trying to locate a CRS, doesn't seem to be any in Trinidad and Tobago. I could afford Botux but definitely can't afford LIS.

• Posted

laxido?

• Posted

No Laxido either. But I am using wild bitter melon leaf its growing on my fence it grows wild in the Caribbean I live in Trinidad and Tobago. It was recommended to me by a security guard of all people and it appears to work. Will post back again about it, seems to be working better than pharmacy stuff.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.