I CANT COPE MUCH LONGER..

Posted , 4 users are following.

So ive recently posted about my disc prolapses of L2-L3 L3-L4 L4-L5. Ive had all the painkillers the doctors have said i can have. Recently been to A and E due to complete loss of feeling in my leg and the unbarebly pain. Ive been put on a gabapentin plan where every 3 days i have to up my milligram. As of tomorrow im on 900mg 900mg then 1200mg at night. Then when it reaches 1200 x3 a day if ot hasnt worked i must go back to which i havent noticed any help yet. But the past week or so ive been getting major swelling on my right ankle it just throbs and its so sote. I just dont know how much more i can deal with. I cant get i to bed without help or a struggle nore ca i get in a car. I cant get on and off toilet properly. I cant shower correctly as i only have a walk in shower. This is just some. I just dont know 5 months isnt a long time but it has been a proggresive hell for me

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear how you are suffering. Have you seen a surgeon yet? If you are in these levels of pain then that must be seriously considered I would have thought. It might mean either a multilevel microdiscectomy or even fusion but there must be loads of pressure on the nerves to cause that much pain and the nerves will suffer more damage over time.

Trying to mask the symptoms with painkillers won't fix anything. No amount of gabapentin or pregabalin will help with the underlying problem. I would get an emergency consultation with a surgeon. If you can afford to go private I would consider that to avoid a long wait. 

• Posted

Hey they told me this at A and E the painkillers are not a long term option. Ive saw a orthapedic surgeon but he wasbt very nice as i am over weight ans suffer with bad asthma he wanted me to loose weight over a 2 month period but my doctor told me this will br difficult due to how imobile i am im not burning any energy at all. He Wanted to seem me in about 2 months so about a month left. And even though ive been a and e he is no rush to see me earlier. and if my symptoms havent changed or got worse hell think about a procedure. I am in so much excruciating pain daily though i cant do most nornal every day to day things. Just dont know whats going to happen.
  • Posted

I really feel for you. I'm struggling to cope but my op is on Saturday so there's light at the end of the tunnel. Can they not operate on you? 

• Posted

Well. Because im over weight and suffer with bad asthma dont think my consultant wants to put me under anaesthetic. But somethings got to be done theyve told me to apply for disabilty rolleyes which is just something i never thought id have to consider. Happy for you good luck hun. X
  • Posted

that sounds awful, thought mine was bad  :-(   is there any chance of surgery as you can't get better with just pain tablets?   Also, re ankle, have you had that checked out as don't want DVT,   If you haven't I would go to docs quickly.   Big hugs to you

• Posted

sorry, the messages before didn't appear and the surgery question has already been asked so ignore that bit  :-)

• Posted

Hi just wondering how you are getting on now and hoping you are hanging in there!

I understand hell. Im in there with you too. If you can post an update of how you are . It would be lovely to hear from u. Keep your chin up. Claire x

• Posted

Hey thanks for asking. Im still not much diffrent at all. Was meant to have a more recent mri scan and even with the help of the docotors of 3 diazepam to take that day unfortunatley i couldnt get on the bed to have it done rolleyes. So atm sadly no change x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.