I cant seem to get rid of my sciatica pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My story injured my back two years ago when staying at a lodge and bed was faulty. I attended doctors and chiropractor physio at time. Never cured my back pain. Was told at time it could be disc problem. Never offered mri i tho. Now mid dec 2020 it turned into sciatic pain and plantar fasciitis and mortons neuroma . I am house bond now to my bedroom don't sleep with pain. Cant walk without crutches. Physio no help medication doesnt t help. I have done the stretches from nhs sites and heat. I have done rice rest ice compression elavate. Nothing is moving me foward. I seem orthopedics they said its Sciatica take afew months its now 5 months. No offer of mri. Had ultrasound nothing showed. Orthopedic said my glass is half full that was my help from them . I have been basically locked in for 5months. Can anyone help get moving again and pain relieved r unless i get mri scan i wont know how to move forward .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Been there...for decades. Some were quick, immediate chiro fixes (the infamous "pretzel twist"), other times it took a month of chiro 3X/week to get the alignment to stick. However, there was one time when nothing worked...

Sciatica

Number 4 may be relevant. Hope this helps...

• Posted

it does help i first need to push my doctors again to see can I get to root cause and not be fobbed of by painkillers a list from naproxen co-codamol amitriptyline tramadol gabapentin morphine. I have lived with pain for months rather than take these cause they dont fix the problem . rest has been given heat and cold treatment that hasn't worked . so either I ve to push three this and try get moving r get mri r whatever scan till get answers wats wrong . cause I dont know how to help myself . being on a covid 19 lock down hasn't helped cause I cant see any medical person . I'm at home putting up with pain cant do house work or get proper sleep . no light at end of tunnel yet

• Edited

One other thing to try is Voltaren Gel (RX in the US; generic diclofenac elsewhere). It's the best topical anti-inflammatory/pain killer out there. Check for interactions with your current meds but the chances are minuscule as it's topical. Use 3X/day until you see an ortho. The drugs will do you no good at all until the root cause is found and addressed...

• Posted

you need to get an MRI asap, as someone who has had back issues for years, including severe sciatica and and horrific lower back pain that ended in Cauda Equina, i urge you to get an MRI

• Edited

i can feel you pain as i was in same situation as you are right now. it took me a month to get rid off. but still i have very little pain, not as earlier.

it happened with exercise, it mostly happened because of nerves compression due to spine dis alignment.

• Posted

Yes it is awful!!!! I have been in this pain for nearly 7 weeks. Not able to do anything. Cant stand in shower nothing!! Tried so many medication nothing worked. Spoke to my Doctor who doesn't seem overly concerned as he thinks its a bad dose of Sciatica! I'm not so sure!! I'm using Voltarol Gel three times day now to see if it does Anything at all!! P s i even Changed Mattress. I do hope it Get better soon as I'm sure u will agree Pain is Awful!!! Good Luck..

• Edited

ya... absolutely. its very awful. i so sorry about you condition right now, and you are right medicines are useless i also see no improvement. dear mate if you get some relax. do focus of physical exercise because this what you can cure it forever..wish for your speedy recovery

• Edited

Thanks so Much for Your Reply. I hope so too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.