I cant take it anymore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Every since before my sibling and I were born my dad has always hit my mom but she never spoke up, until this summer when he hit her and we are all old enough to understand now. He left that night and the asked my mom for another chance and she let him, he continued hitting her and he’s been gone for about a month. However he texts her 24/7, asks for forgiveness and when she doesn’t give it to him he starts insulting her and threatening her. Lately he keeps bringing her gifts, and I’m affraid she’s gonna let him come back. I am so scared because i know he’s capable of so much more. I can’t go anywhere without thinking about what he could do, I can’t do anything without it haunting me. It was so bad even my 4 year old brother would tell people he was scared to come home cause his dad made his mom cry. What do I do? It’s impacted me so much that I can’t do my daily life without it affecting me and I don’t think my mom sees it and when I try to talk to her she tells me to shutup or that I need to worry about my life, I mean this is my life isn’t it? I’ve considered suicide so many times because I know it would get my point across to her that she needs to stop and it would keep me from seeing this all happen to her, she deserves so much better and I feel so guilty because it could happen all again and I wasn’t able to keep her from going back. sad 

3 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi dani, 

Your dad is a bully, your mum probably puts up with it because she is trying to keep the family going. Divorce or separation ends up hurting everyone.  Unfortunately many families go through what you are going through. Your dad can do what he likes because he knows your mum will always take him back, sooner or later.

My father was a bully, always belting me and my brothers, as I got older he began punching and kicking me round the house. Then at 14 year old I started laughing halfway through a beating, if that's the best you can do your in trouble,  was what I told him. I had got older and so had he, the beatings stopped.

Parents never seem to realise that what they do to you is remembered for the rest of your ife.

I hope you and your mum get sorted on this, best wishes,

Mike

• Posted

Hi Dani,

Has there been any change to your family situation since you posted? You are under a lot of stress but your Mom's decisions should not make you feel guilty. She & your brother really need you now so please don't do anything rash to make a point....she would never be able to forgive herself. I hope that she starts to make decisions based on her own welfare & you & your brother's too. Is there a school teacher or counsellor you could confide in? Please let us know how things are for you. You are not alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.