I consistantly am getting blood sugar numbers between 200-over 300. Idk what to do..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Alright,so I am consistantly getting blood sugar numbers that I would say are kinda high for a non-diabetic. My numbers have been ranging from 180-over 300..Alot of these numbers are a few hours after eating a meal. I told this one doctor I saw a few weeks ago,that my blood sugar numbers seemed a little high..his response?oh your fine,you don't have blood sugar issues. The reason I'm concerned over my blood sugar,is Diabetes runs in my family real bad..and my grandpa has Type 2 diabetes. Now on my blood sugar monitor,it revealed not too long ago that I had high ketones in my blood..between my higher than normal blood sugar numbers,and finding out I had high ketones in my blood,I feel annoyed because I know there is something not so right going on with my blood sugar,but that one doctor didn't believe me. I made an appointment with a new Primary Care Doctor,who has a good reputation in my area where I live..I have an appointment with him tomorrow,I hope he listens to my concerns and doesn't just dismiss me like the first doctor..I know if someone does have undiagnosed Diabetes,it is important to get It diagnosed as soon as possible,so your doctor can put you on a treatment plan. Now,I'm not saying I have Diabetes..but as I said before,something doesn't seem quite right with my blood sugar...

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I really hope that this Dr spends time with you and answers your questions, you do have a written list of ???'s to take with you?

Maybe he can send you for a Glucose Tolerance Test? Not everyone in the family will have Diabetes. My parents didn't, older and 2 younger sisters don't and I think 1 brother out of 3 is Diabetic. I have Diabetes 2, so with only 2 confirmed out of a family of nine the risk doesn't seem to me as high as I would've thought!

Try not to get upset, go to the Dr with a sort of calm attitude and listen to him/her. Let them let you know that it's time to worry or look more closely, good luck, let us know how it went. Susan

• Posted

I have a detailed journal of my blood sugar numbers I'm gonna bring with me to my doctor,along with a list of questions..I'm hoping my doctor orders a glucose tolerance test,I know that's a good way to detect sugar problems.I will definetly give updates as to what my doctor sayssmile

• Posted

So today my doctor officially diagnosed me with Diabetes..He says the type I have is Type 1.5,which means I have characteristics of both Type 1 and 2. Says I need to call an Endocrinologist,and he started me out on Metformin. Says I might have to be put on an insulin pump in the future. I'm just happy to have a diagnosis..

• Posted

It's amazing how much just getting a diagnosis is a big part of the battle! They've confirmed that yes you were right something is definitely wrong with you and you aren't dreaming the whole thing up in your head.

Now for the "fun!" times learning thru your resources and by trial and error how to manage your new lifestyle! It sounds like you have a head start on your food choices so that's a huge step in the right direction!

Best wishes to you and your new life pathways! Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.