i constantly think I am going to die

Posted , 3 users are following.

i don't really know why but for two months or so I've been thinking that I'm going to die (and it's not like im scared that ill be run over by a car or soemthing) but i feel like its inside me, for example cancer or tumors or hiv or just other diseases, i feel like i have one of them and one day i'll just unexpectatly die , and i dont know if its from depression or loneliness but i just feel like im going to die

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

fyi i don't suffer from anxiety and i dont panic, im very sane and normal
  • Posted

Hi K21861,

Firstly, I completely empathise with you; around a year ago I felt exactly the same way. I had this deep rooted niggling feeling that there was something severely wrong with my body and, the same as you, that one day out of the blue I would just drop dead.

What helped me get over this obstacle in life was firstly to talk to a doctor, ask for a complete blood count etc just to be safe and rule out the possibility of any underlying issues existing. I'd highly recommend blood tests; as while they will more than likely come back with nothing unusual, it is more for the reassurance that your body is working as it should.

You mention that you don't suffer from anxiety or panic attacks. You've probably heard this countless times, and if you are in the same mindset as I was back then, maybe think that as you dont have the stereotypical anxiety, that this is not the explanation; but in my case it was very much anxiety that was the underlying cause for me.

Try to remember the exact thought / feeling that put you onto this current train of thought, was it a random pain somewhere, was it fatigue? There will be one defining moment in your memory that you will recount in which you started believing you were seriously ill.....

....Now consider how your body was behaving prior to these thoughts and compare to how your body behaves after you started having these thoughts. If you are seeing no progression of symptoms, as in no degeneration, no worsening, then whilst you may not like the suggestion, it is highly likely that anxiety will be the root cause.

You also mentioned depression / loneliness in your post. Is this purely something off the top of your head or have you had any suggestions that you may be depressed? The reason I ask is that anxiety and depression go hand in hand mate, 99% of depressed people exhibit some forms of anxiety wink. Remember that people with critical / serious illnesses, do not know they're ill until they see physical manifestations of such illnesses.

Another thing that helped me greatly was to adjust my diet, ensuring I live to a varied diet with my five a day. Several vitamin defiencies can also cause a feeling of impending doom so if your diet is somewhat unhealthy, this would also contribute.

Hope this helps even if a little and also keep in

• Posted

thanks for all the info, and i feel like something did change that triggered my thoughts, but im not sure how legit they are and that scared me
  • Posted

(damn firefox, premature in posting lol)

....also keep positive. I know its difficult but bare in mind that constantly worrying about end of life, is a downward spiral that does nothing but stop you from enjoying life itself.

• Posted

Bless your heart I feel this everyday....have you been diagnosed with any mental disorders
    • Posted

nope haven't been diagnosed with any mental disorders

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.