I could really use some help I think I have herpes

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've been dealing with a lot more discharge for about a week now but i don't have a fever, or flu-like symptoms, it doesn't hurt to pee, and there's no smell. However, when i was showering a week ago i felt texture so i scratched the area. Now I have these tears on my vagina and near my butthole that sting when touched. I haven't had sex in 3 weeks. I got an STD screening today, and I'm awaiting my results, but i didn't get swabbed for HSV. Should I go back?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yes, this looks to be heroes. i would wait on your panel but make sure they test you for HSV 1 & 2. Normal panels do not include the HSV screening you have to ask for it. The CDC would rather only test those who have signs and symptoms because of the stigma and mental toll it takes on people who have this virus. I would advise you call the doctors office and double check you are being tested for ever sti and std under the sun including HSV 1&2 just so you know what care you are getting.

• Posted

also just because you haven't had sex in three weeks doesn't mean you didn't contract the virus then or even before then. this virus can lie dormant for weeks months and even sometimes years before it shows its self in sign and symptoms. over 80% of people living with HSV2 dont know they have it. so you could have just gotten it or you could have gotten it months or years ago. that question is hard to answer even for medical personnel. Being human and having sex isnt about if you get and sti its when... thats why getting tested regularly and making sure your partners have been tested and can show results to you is always recommended

• Posted

Yes, get a swab for herpes. It looks like herpes to me. It's probably been dormant for a while and it's only showing up now. The first outbreak is the worst and the next ones you have won't hurt like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.