I could this be skin cancer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya I have this mark on my foot it's been there for about 3 weeks (pain free) b4 it was jst a small spot.

could this be cancerous anyone help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The only person who can confirm this is your Doctor, get yourself an appointment
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply I'm so confused but anxious about it now il make an appointment ASAP to be sure it's nothing to worry about it started as a little red spot and has progressed to this, I didn't want to make a big deal of it Incase it's nothing to worry about
  • Posted

I included pictures but I can't see them up here
  • Posted

I'm glad you are going to the doctor ASAP.  There are so many different things it might be, most of which are simple. How long is the mark on your foot now and what did it look like when it began?   Does that part get a lot of sun exposure?   Most skin cancers are basal cell cancers and they are pretty common, they usually show up on sun exposed areas, more common among older people, and they are almost always successfully treatable.  Treatment not very complicated.  Both my parents had this on their faces, i think. i remember my dad had it on his ear.  My mom had it too, i can't remember where it was, only that it was a sun exposed area, it was removed at a simply outpatient surgery, decades ago (she is now 96).  If caught early, most skin cancers are not serious.  Whatever it is you have, you are catching it early.  I hope it's something simple, some kind of rash or something.  You can look up skin cancer photos on google and see if it looks like what you're seeing.  They look ugly but they can usually be cured.  let us know what the doctor says.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply and advice, much appreciated.

It started out as a little bloody bluster type thing purple in colour and I squeezed it (I probably shouldn't have) it bleed, it then jst scabbed over like a cut and then formed a blister and burst with fluid coming out, and it's now been there for 4 weeks with no signs of healing.

I stay in scotland it's freezing all the time with lack of sun but we do go two sunshine holidays per year so I surpose it's exposed to sun.

I will keep u posted on how I get on

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.