I could use this forums help...

Posted , 1 user is following.

**Hi everyone,

I'm a healthy male in my late 40's and have had the worst last month of my life as my GI doc can't figure out what is wrong with me. I know the internet is dangerous when it comes to researching your health but i feel like i'm getting desperate and wanted to share my symptoms with this group to see if it could be Achalasia. I'm changing GI docs and will get the appropriate tests in the next few weeks but i really need to hear from people that actually have the condition to see if my symptoms are similar...here goes:

• I've been taking prilosec from my mid 20's for my GERD and it's worked excellent thus far
  • about 4 weeks ago i started taking an antibiotic for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)...felt great during the 2 week cycle but soon after i started coming down with significant tightness and discomfort just below my sternum which seems like the LES. I have no clue if the two are related
  • I had an endoscopy 3 weeks ago and the results were good...they biopsied in my LES as they thought i might have EOE but the resutls were negative
  • I've been on a gluten free/low FODMAP diet now for a week and still no change
  • the PRIMARY symptom is significant tightness/discomfort just below my sternum and i've had some days where my breathing was labored due to the tightness (good friend is cardio doc and got stress test/EKG and my heart is strong
  • Reading up on Achalasia i can't figure out if the tightness/discomfort is actually food but i am able to swallow and have not had any GERD, choking or vomiting....
  • i also get bouts of gas with this condition...feels like my whole abdomen is full of air and i'm not able to BURP to get relief, extremely frustrating

Thanks..any feedback or advice would be appreciated!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.