I cured my Gastritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had Gastritis but I cured it. I thought I'd add my thoughts here as its possible my experience may help someone.

I had abdominal pains since 2013. To summarize, I had chronic feeling of bloat/gas/nausea. I got relief only from belching. But like others here have said it was often not that easy to belch. I used Lansoprazole, Zantac, tums etc... I thought what I had was an ulcer, though I never had reflux.

The abdomen has a lot of nerves so anything can make you get the feels/anxiety/nervousness in the stomach. It makes whatever you're feeling SEEM worse. My brain started to associate this bloat with Nausea. Every time I felt bloated I thought I was going to throw up. yet for 5 years I never threw up once. It was always gas that moved around and gurgled in my stomach. Sometimes I belched for 3 hours at night till it went away and I could sleep.

Anyway, long story short I went and had an endoscopy. They said the bottom of my stomach was very red. Very irritated. They took a biopsy because they thought it was H-pilory. Results came back negative. I didn’t have bacteria. So they had no idea what was causing my abdominal pains. They did classify it as Gastritis though.

After the endoscopy I thought I'm done from this. Its been 5 years I can’t continue to live like this, I needed to find the source. You need to find your source.

Mine was one of two things. I quit both so I have no idea which was the cause for my gastritis:

1) Caffeine pills -- I quit coffee in 2013 and started taking caffeine pills instead. EVERYDAY I took 1-3 pills.

2) Vaping/Electronic cigarette -- I quit smoking in 2013 and started vaping. How safe is vaping? Nobody knows. Not enough studies on it. All I know is the liquid in the electronic cigarette doesn’t freeze. What? Yes, in Canada temperatures outside reach -30 Celsius. So on days where I left my electronic cigarette in the car and the liquid didn’t freeze made me think this thing must have some chemicals in it. Like car anti-freeze.

Anyway, I quit both. I have no gastritis symptoms. Haven't had any for 6 months. I no longer use lansoprazole, zantac, tums, gasX etc...

Also, I started biking and running. Exercise helps to control nerves and feelings of anxiety when one feels ill.

Hope this helps someone. smile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So nice to hear a positive story! Well done you for taking control of your situation. I agree with you about vapes; who knows what problems they can cause. I once lost my voice and was wheezy for weeks after trying a friend’s a few times. Never again. 

Keep up the good work and stay well!

• Posted

thanks for sharing. So quitting caffine and cigarratte and doing exercises helped curing gastritis? me dont drink coffee or cigarrates ,doing excercise , but still got gastritis. However i do have non working gb and stones and suffer with bloating and belching everyday.
    • Posted

Hi there,

What test confirmed you have a non-working gall bladder? I suspect this for myself after having abdominal issues and gastritis for 10 months. I live in a country town with limited services and just wanted what testing you had done to confirm this?

Thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.