I "cured" my molluscum years ago, I'm back to share how

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everyone, I recently came down with a pretty s****y condition called Peyronie's disease. It's essentially an injury to my penis from sex. Girl on top bent it! Be careful ladies! You can injure your men... Not good. It's a mild case and not catastrophic but it had me thinking about other times in my life (I'm 28) I had to deal with terrible medical issues and really molluscum was the only other one for me. It was a terrible time in my life. I went from doctors freezing them, to putting acid on them, to putting creams on them, to being told they just go away on their own... UNTIL! drum roll... I went to a dermatologist and he said, uh just use this nokor needle and some alcohol and remove the papule and PRESTO!

So to sum up:

1. Get a nokor needle (some use tweezers, I haven't)

2. Get some alcohol and tissue paper

3. Very carefully use the needle to remove the root (papule) of the molluscum. (its a pearly ball core just under the skin, for small ones sometimes I couldn't really get the core out but if I picked at it, it seemed to go away after)

4. Clean skin and needle with alcohol 

REPEAT UNTIL YOU REMOVED THEM ALL

I had to do this to ~20 lesions the first time, and then a couple month's later some more came up, then some more months after. These were undoubtedly multiple infections either from my partner or my own molluscum before they were removed. Eventually after monitoring and removing them they were all gone. It was difficult for me because I thought they were gone after freezing/acid and my girlfriend never thought she had them so I think we went back and forth a little while which made things bad. However, for some of you getting it from one sexual encounter I think it could be kicked in a matter of 2-3 months. Just remove them and then wait a couple of months (monitor, monitor, monitor).

For parents of small children, if your child has ~20 or less I would consider this, at least try it on a few of them and see how it goes. You should wear gloves and protect yourself though. More than 20 or so I feel there might be an overwhelming amount to do in one sitting. Maybe have at it over the course of a week. Funny how I almost bought all these weird silver devices, thought tea tree oil was going to fix it right up, and worried SO MUCH ABOUT IT. Ahhh life, it sure does have its ups and downs... Don't let molluscum bring you down too much, it's temporary! Besides, something like peyronie's will hit you and put everything into perspective.

Good luck, but you don't need it because this definitely works!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Weird that I just saw this, I posted on the forums about a month ago saying I had removed them all (about 15-20) with tweezers the day after I noticed them. First couple of weeks after I was checking every day and nothing... slowly checking less. Last time I checked was about 4 days ago and all clear but then today I found 3 more of the little b******s. Thought I had got rid of them all! One of them was on the back of my leg a bit further away. I'm hoping the reason that they came back is because I missed this one before and it spread again. However what you say is interesting that yours kept coming back every few months. No possible way  I could have been reinfected so maybe it does live in the skin until the immune system recognizes it, that or it was because I missed one that spread them again. Hopefully this is the last time. Did you get any scars from the noker needle? With the tweezers they have mostly faded but there were 2 or 3 bigger ones like 4mm that are still red and I did them a month ago. 

• Posted

Dan, I think my experience is very relevant to yours. I interpreted later flare ups as: reinfection from partner, infection from molluscum on one part of the body to another, dormant infected areas from original infection. In response I stopped sex with assumed infected partner, removed lesions ASAP, and monitored for extended periods of time. I remember reading that MC can be dormant for a LONG time and that scared me. When I found a new one a wave of anxiety would wash over me that I’m still contagious and when will I ever know if I’m not. If you feel that way I’m here to say this too shall pass. You’re doing exactly what you should and this might continue for 3-6 more months, and you’ll discover them in weird places (check your a$$). But once they start being very few and far between I think you can start considering yourself not contagious. You will have done your due diligence in avoiding spread to new partners. My ex and I broke up, I got a new girlfriend and found a couple in odd places after being with her (definitely not from her). Dated her for 4 years after that  molluscum free! Anyway that’s just my two cents. Oh here’s my third cent: I picked at everything with the needle, always anxious that some small abnormality was a MC, those things can be tiny and in weird places like I said. I once found a patch in my leg pit behind my knee, WTF? 

No scarring from the needle! It pretty much is a tiny incision, I imagine better than tweezers. Especially for small ones that just need to be picked at at or cut off. The needle has a sharp edge and I bowled side that cups the cores. It’s the MC terminator IMHO. Buy one online or ask for one from your general practitioner or  Dermatologist. No luck needed here, just persistence and time. Also, when it’s gone reflect back on how great it is to be MC free! 

• Posted

Hello! Hope you're well! Just wanted to know, how long it took for each extracted bump to heal? I tried extracting one bump last night but the wound still kinda hurts and feels fresh.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.