I cured my moluscum contagiosum very quickly

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. Skip ahead if you want to see how I did it.

Some backstory. I am an Australian. I went to volunteer overseas but right before I left I noticed some peculiar bumps on the back of my neck. They weren't itchy, but they were just... there. I wasn't too concerned about them, but I already had other skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis so I asked my Dermatologist and he diagnosed me with 'moluscum contagiosum'. I asked him what I should do about it and he told me don't worry, it'll just go away. Well... I'm NEVER going back to that Dermatologist ever again, but how grateful I am that I got diagnosed while I was at home and I was able to see how other people tried treating it.

Anyways, I was in Laos first where it was hot and I was sweaty and I started to scratch the back of my neck where the moluscum was. Naturally, it started to spread. It went all around my neck and behind my ears but thankfully not my face. It also went along the arms where the elbow is (an area that is particularly eczema-heavy for me). I started looking up what to do. Apple Cider Vinegar, oils, even considered using a knife. It sort of worked? But not really. When one pearly bump went red (apparently a sign that it's on the way out), three more fresh ones spawned around it. I was so depressed because everyone could see it and it was one of those things that everyone sees but no one talks about. Except a shopkeeper in Indonesia who said 'What's wrong with your skin?' It was dreadful. I was so, so, so terrified that I was going to pass it on to the people I was volunteering with or a student. 

HOW I CURED IT

So by this point approximately 5 months had passed, I was volunteering in Bali, Indonesia and it was at it's worst. Hundreds of bumps all around my neck and arms, undeniable. But.. I read online that someone cured their kid by having them play in the sand at a beach. Well, I was in Indonesia living right beside a beach so I thought it was worth a shot.

I literally walked onto the beach, grabbed some wet sand, and rubbed it over my body in the affected areas. Basically exfoliating with sand for about 10 minutes. I did this for a couple of days and then almost IMMEDIATELY all the bumps with the white pearly goop inside them changed to red and started vanishing. No more bumps started appearing either.

After just a couple of weeks it all disappeared, so I would say I had moluscum contagiosum for 6 months total.

I hope someone finds this helpful. The sand at the beach I was at was black and I have no idea if that's significant or not. I really hate the idea of getting someones hopes up and it turns out that it doesn't work for them. 

I wish everyone that reads this all the best. One thing I will say is that I came out of this a stronger person. I know there are people that had this way longer than I did and I can't fathom how brave you must be. This broke me, crying on multiple occasions wondering 'why me?' You will make it through this.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.