I cut myself and my friend found out.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I cut myself. It's not something I'm proud of but I'm not here so u can tell me I need therapy. I KNOW I need help but this is my way of coping with life.

My friend saw the cuts and I think she's suspicious. She asked me if I cut myself but before I couldn't reply she had to go.

I know she's going to ask me about it again and I need a really convincing lie. I have about 3-6 cuts on either side of my wrists and they're one after the other. I'm only saying this so u can get a full picture and tell me a good excuse.

Plz help me.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

dear sarah, my best friend used to cut herself...alot. and she thought she was doing a good job keeping it from me. that poor sweet girl was too ashamed to let me know. she thought i would think less of her, or maybe get her in trouble somehow. i never talked to her about it because i didn't want to upset her and make things worse. but one night she went too far...she couldn't stop the bleeding and called me in a panic. i had no choice but to call the police to help her. she was hospitalized for a few weeks. i felt bad telling on her. but she told me later on it was the best thing i could have ever done. she got the help she needed and even thanked me.

why don't you tell your friend the truth instead of coming up with a good excuse. maybe she can help you. besides, she may already know. just like i knew, but was afraid to mention it. she's your friend, talk to her. you may not be ready for it, but you should seek help. i'm sure you already know that. sooner than later. good luck to you.   love, laura

• Posted

Look that's great and all that you got to help your friend ok? But it's not like that for me. I'm not SUICIDAL. I just cut because it's a form of release.

My friend will tell my mom If she knows the truth and if my mom finds out she'll be so disappointed in me. I can't do that to her. She's already always mad at me because my grades are slipping as I can't tell her about this too.

I need an excuse. I appreciate you trying to help but what I need is a believable story.

• Posted

sarah, my friend was not suicidal...she was depressed and just went too far one night. she had been cutting for years and it became quite serious. i understand that you are looking for a great excuse to keep you out of trouble. and i have been thinking of one for you...but besides saying a cat scratched you, i can't come up with anything. there aren't any believable things that compare to self harm cuts. i am truly sorry for not being able to give you what you're looking for. but you are in my thoughts, and i'm wishing you the best. take care

• Posted

We don't have any cats.

Look I'm grateful for your concern but I know what I'm doing.

Thanks anyway.

• Posted

Sarah I know you think you know what your doing . If you were really ok with what you were doing then you would not purposely be cutting yourself. Like the person Laura was talking about ,one day you will go over the line and it does not take long to bleed out .
  • Posted

Have you been prescribed meds and do you take them and the right times.

Don't be scared of telling anyone thinking they're going to judge you because they won't. Please see someone or tell someone before it goes any further your not alone and there are many people who do this.

If this is your first step then we'll done it was the hardest please seek help you'll be glad you did.

Always here if need a chat

Take care

Neil

• Posted

No I'm not on meds. No one besides those who've read this post even know that I cut myself. I need a story. Please just give me an excuse.

• Posted

Sometimes we get overwhelmed with emotion and it feels scary trying to process it so cutting ourselves to bleed feels like a release. We shouldn't feel like that though and it might just be something your temporarily going through.

I would see your GP as there may be an underlying issue you may have not thought of that needs addressing.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

I'm grateful for your concern. I really am but what I need right now is a believable excuse. Besides, even if I do go to a counselor or something, I'd still never tell my friend so I really do need an excuse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.