I'd be grateful if someone were to read this :)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. My name is Laura smile I'm 22yrs old and I've suffered with Depression from the age of 18. I seem to have gained control of my Depression for the time being. Like, I'm fully aware of when I'm on 'my way down' (as I say) and I've been lucky to be able to catch myself from going into a state. 

However, this past year (maybe 2) I have begun suffering with Stress and Anxiety and it seems to be getting worse. At first it strated out as feeling a little nervous before going to work etc; but now I have constant palpations and break out in a red rash that spreads from my face down to my arms. I've also been a recluse and may be somewhat of a misanthrope I guess. I don't want to be a recluse but I really struggle with leaving my house, leaving my bed even!

This is the very first time I've ever wrote in a forum but, I just felt this was a good place to get things off my chest smile

I'd appreciate it somebody could reply and maybe help me try and get over this or, share any similar expiriences with me smile

I look forward to hearing from someone.  X

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauraann 

This sounds completely like me. I let my anxiety and depression get so bad that I thought I was going to have a breakdown. I had an awful job in a hotel long hours never at home then I started a new job nice hours but my anxiety and depression spiralled.

I would go to work daily and spend the day panicking that I was not good enough and that I wouldn't be able to get through the day without crying. I didn't want to get out of bed ( I still don't some days) and I was terrified of leaving my house. I am a bit if a recluse also I prefer my own company, my fiance's and our two rabbits ( who get me out of bed ) . Depression is a long term fix please don't be too hard on yourself I still worry and get panic and anxiety but my family took me to see a doctor and they put me on fluoxetine this initially made me worse and takes 2-4 weeks to kick in but the last couple if days I have noticed a big difference and I used to take Diazepam to help me sleep but I haven't needed that for two nights either. 

I found I don't eat and drink enough either and this makes me tired and depressed. Even if you don't want to force yourself to eat and drink it's a simple thing that makes a big difference. See a doctor regularly too and also I am having counselling for past unresolved issues too would this help? 

Good luck to you 

Lor xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying smile 

I have seen my Doctor about this. He originally our me on Fluoxetine and I was on them for a few months, didn't help me at all. He then put me on Venlafaxine... worst thing ever! I suffered with all he extremely rare symptoms and swore I'd never take tablets and go through that again! And ever since then I've really handled my Depression smile 

Just my stupid nerves and Anxiety! Maybe I will have a talk with someone like a counsellor and hopefully that will help - thank you! :D xx 

• Posted

There are so many different types of anti depressant you can take and a lot of them you can change over after a few days tapering off and not necessariily have any side effects. Perosnally I dont feel that this is something you canf ight on your own and you really need to go to see your Gp; again and dont give up.  I know from personal experience. Please take care.
    • Posted

I can second this definately dont try to find it on your own medication is not forever sometimes just helps for the short term xx
  • Posted

I agree with jean, it sounds to me as though even the smallest dose of something would help life your mood, but its trial and error to find the best one... What about a herbal remedy from Boots just to take the edge off? Also therapy is very effective, as is exercise, eating properly and meditation... We all know how you feel, its not nice when you hit rock bottom, but there is alot you and your gp can try... Good luck x
  • Posted

how do you manage not going out?

Richard

• Posted

Going out doesn't appeal to me unfortunately smile would rather stay in and just sleep some days. I am trying though, I've been shopping with my friend today. Very much out of my comfort zone but, baby steps!  

Thanks for all the replies everyone, some good advice going on! smile

• Posted

Well done for getting out and doing some shopping... Baby steps is the way to go and a step in the right direction x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.