I did have an infection!

Posted , 3 users are following.

me again! Went to my GP who would not "prescribe Blind" but wanted a urine test. This took a week to come back, and I was prescribed antibiotics 50 mg. a week later I had to go to A & E, where I was given antibiotics 500 mg!!! I a m now much better, and starting to do things around the house, and taking short walks, feeling much better, niggling pains gone etc.

Am not seeing Consultant until June 23rd, but am wondering if I could now book a holiday for early July, when I will be 9 weeks post-op? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Celia , I am a 49 year old 9 week post anterior and posterior repair patient and I'm new to your discussion can you tell me what op you had and what was the infection you had as I will also be off on holiday very soon many thanks . 
    • Posted

Hi Helen

i had a TVT tape and an anterior wall repair - I am 66. I had  a urine infection, and had 2 lots of antibiotics which have thankfully done the job. Looking forward to my holiday now!! Hope you enjoy yours too.

• Posted

Hi Celia,

Was your infection cystitis? if so, just get a packet of sachets from the chemist or supermarket for cystitus relief. You do not need the doctor for that and they are instant and far better and more effective than antibiotics. A brand name is Oasis from a chemist or the supermarkets have their own brands which are equally as good.

What operation are you booked in for? Is it a prolapse? do think carefully as there are ways of managing a prolapse without an operation which can have mixed results, Lynne on this forum has a lot of ladies sharing their methods of dealing with the problem.

Do hope this helps,

Blessings,

Lesley

• Posted

Hi Lesley

I have had my operation, TVT and anterior wall repair, and had a water infection which has now cleared up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.