I did not know this !

Posted , 6 users are following.

so after months of thinking i have heart problems and being diagnosed with gallstones i was suprised to learn that with the mix of anxiety and stress and gallstones the shortness of breath and chest discomfort can come from that . ive had all heart and lung tests done to rule that out

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

it all links and i remove mines but still having problems just not as bad prior to surgery. my body probaly needs time to adjust 6 months post

• Posted

Hi Brandon :. Yes in facr, the shortness of breath and feeling the problems with the chest has a lot too do with the gallstones . in fact with the gallstones , they can cause a lot of discomfort and problems.. If you have something to eat that you should not, it will activate. Stress makes it worse. Stay away from the greasy and fatty foods and the spicy foods too. Just becareful. take care

• Posted

Did your blood pressure go up too ? Because mine did with all this. And guess what happened? They decided to give me blood pressure meds. my bloodwork looks great and my EKG looks great. I'm 100% sure my gall bladder is causing the issue. I started having issues randomly May 27th. Was fine all day until about 8 pm then bam was hit with problems.

• Posted

hi Brandon,

It is quite common for people to think they are having a heart attack when they first experience gallbladder attacks. I recall one particularly bad attack when I broke out into a cold sweat, felt clammy, strong gripping pain extending from right abdomen into my back, felt breathless and almost passed out. It is unpleasant, painful and scary.

All it took was an ultrasound to diagnose that I had gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed 4 months ago and thankfully I healed really well and have had no side effects from surgery.

I suggest you go back to see your doctor and in the meantime eat a virtually no fat diet. Avoid dairy and carbonated drinks. Drink water. I found taking ibuprofen and buscopan during the onset if an attack to be helpful. Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.