I did something stupid.........

Posted , 6 users are following.

A few days ago, I suddenly had a craving for sleeping pills, so despite my diazepam tapering going well, and my daughter blocking drug websites on my laptop, I went to an internet cafe and ordered 28 zopiclone.

I feel like I've let all my family down. I took them all, but not all at once. It was great while it lasted but once I'd taken the last one I said to myself WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?????

I'm posting this on the alcohol forum because that's where all my supportive friends are. I feel so guilty.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Don't ever think that anything you do is stupid. We stumble and trip but what makes us better is that we get up and keep trying. Thank you so much for your kind words earlier I know I have to keep trying
  • Posted

It's a blip,start again and carry on x
    • Posted

Hi Tess. We all have blips, remember we learn from them. You'll be fine I believe in you.

Blessings, xxxx

• Posted

Tess

dont worry about this one blip. Look at the positives! See how well you're doing tapering down diazapam. You've come such a long way, so please think tomorrow is another day. Carry on giving us excellent advice on the forum. Your comments are always positive and very helpful.

So nurse tess, take a dose of your own medicine and look forward to a new day.

• Posted

Thanks hun. Good advice. I don't feel quite so bad about it now. xxx
  • Posted

Hi Tess.  Don't beat yourself up over it.  We all do that... punish ourselves for our human condition.  We are not perfect.  Life is not perfect.  

"To err is human...to forgive, divine".

Have a 'divine moment', forgive yourself... then move on.

You are a good person.  

Love and Blessings to you, my friend.

Angel  XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.