I did something stupid with an Enema

Posted , 6 users are following.

I read somewhere that soap helps clear constipation. At the time I didn't know how severe doing this could be. I Gave myself an enema of just purely scented soap. Around 1/4th of an ounce to be exact. It's been around 4 days now and I can't produce a bowel movement. I took 2 single servings of Miralax around 3 hours ago and I took 1 serving the day before.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

How aboutr a Fleets enema?  Or a suppository - glycerin (mild) or Dulcolax (stronger).  If you're feeling well, no harm done.

• Posted

I have never administered an Enema and I don't want to incorrectly perform one. As for the latter, I don't currently have those on hand and have no way to get them. If I were to go to the doctor what would they most likely prescribe me?

• Edited

Do you know where your a-hole is? Then you can do a Fleets enema.
  • Posted

If You go to the doctor, they most likely will just prescribe you some type of laxative. Maybe Miralax, magnesium citrate, or something like that. That's what a regular doctor prescribed me when I was pregnant. But after I had my baby, I couldn't go for up to weeks at a time, which landed me at the hospital twice, which they administered an enema each time, which honestly helped but was the most pain I've ever experienced. But Since then, I've been taking Miralax twice a day. They told me there's honestly no wrong way you can do an enema, as long as you just follow the directions. The only thing to help me long term was miralax, but to be able to go now, I'd try a stimulant laxative if you can, or like someone previously said, a fleets enema. I've been there before, trust me. Hope you're able to go soon!

• Posted

Let me Just add that I wasn't in pain due to the enema. I meant the worst pain ever was how I already felt & what was in me coming out. Just didn't want you to think I meant the enema part. Lol. That doesn't hurt at all.

• Posted

Try a plain water enema, maybe, and if that works, I'd repeat it until the soap is gone.

If all else fails, see a doctor!

• Posted

BTW, when I wrote "plain water enema" I was thinking of a litre or so.

• Posted

Hi Caden I feel you pain. I to suffer from chronic constipation. I am currently using Ispaghula husks. It’s a bulk forming drink. I pour the power into water and drink it. I’m currently using two a day . Which allows me to have a bowed movement 3 times a week. It does help but you may have to try it for a period of time on a regular basis for it to work. There are other power sachets out their to. Worth seeeing the Gp. As everyone is different. I also eat fruit which also has a bulking effect. Gd lunch and let us know how you get on . Regards Wendy 
  • Posted

The Miralax took it's effect the other day, nothing else was needed. However I still think there is soap left inside. Is there any way it could clear itself without any help from anything besides laxatives?

• Posted

Also I want to make it clear that there was no water, there was purely soap.
  • Posted

Update: I'm dumb and I didn't read the label apparently it's body lotion not soap. Should I be worried about that?

• Posted

I haven't been on here for a while. I read your post and comments. I hope that you aren't having a problem anymore and that you are taking Miramax every night. It is the only thing that has kept me regular.

I was surprised to learn how many people have this problem ! The majority are women though?! Not sure why ? Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.