I didn't know Pain behind one EAR is a Migraine??? Numb LIMBS usually follow?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm wrapping up another week of research on the PeriMenopause nightmare that I have entered! Hey...what else can you do when you're fatigued and horizontal, LOL.

I've GOT to be productive in some way, right? smile

I'm not sure if I need to list my resource when I'm sharing this information? Here is an excerpt...

'A migraine is a vascular headache that involves the excessive dilation or contraction of the brain's blood vessels. Common and classic are the two types of Migraines:

1. centered at the temple 

2. behind one ear

...produces a throbbing pain that may last for 2 to 72 hours. Alternatively it can begin at the back of the head and then spreads to one entire side of the head. 

NAUSEA, VOMITING, BLURRED VISION, AND TINGLING AND NUMBNESS in the LIMBS that can last up to eighteen hours usually accompany a migraine.'

I am so thankful to have found this information and I'm grateful for sharing in this journey with you ladies on this forum versus facing this all on my own.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

IHi Finny! Oh yes,  I’ve gotten that with migraines.  A weird thing that happens to me is I pee a lot when I have a migraine.  I have to keep drinking or I will become dehydrated.  Which stinks when I have nausea.  Mine can last 1-4 days.  Then I get post migraine symptoms...fatigue, overall malaise.  In a nutshell...they suck!  I know because of them that I have MAV ( migraine associated vertigo) or vestibular migraines...my vertigo has been awful.  I have been “ horizontal” today too...sometimes we need it!  🤗

• Posted

Lou - I really did not know that my pain behind my one ear was a migraine! I've had it happen to me off and on now since June. I am going to start tracking all of my symptoms that go along with it. I went to the ER one time because my left arm went numb and was feeling weird. They ran every single test and said I was totally fine! Though it was a heart attack or stroke. I'm noticing a pattern to a lot of this stuff - so scary at first.

I am so thankful that you are on this forum and are sharing your experiences with all of us! You sound so much like me in that we are so IN TUNE with our bodies and notice every single thing that is different and "off" and can pinpoint when it happens etc. You have helped me so much in this way. I will pay attention now to those symptoms you describe...fatigue, overall malaise, etc. I have that off and on - didn't connect it with the migraine behind my ear. Wow. Learned so much!

I'm still at it with the progesterone cream and seeing great results with the depression and anxiety I was having when all of my 66+ symptoms came on. I also started an OTC estriol for vaginal dryness. If this holds I will be so thankful; if not, I will strongly consider the BCP like you. Thanks Lou! smile

• Posted

Did I mention I can probably count on 2 hands how many headaches I've had in my life? Did I mention that I've never had a migraine before this past June at 49?

OH HOW I took for granted the health I enjoyed!

That's why this is like a big whammy for me! And I know you can relate being that it all hit for you like it did me; you are just on the path a bit sooner...and...you've been a blessing to so many of us by sharing all that you are learning and how you are getting through!

• Posted

Thanks Finny! 🤗🤗 I only remember having 1 before peri.  I only learned it was a migraine because I threw up ...felt fine after and carried on with my day!  I woukd get tension headaches too, but once I took something, they would go!  Well, Since going off bcp june 2017...then immediately in July, I started getting several per month.  Which is weird because some women GET migraines from bcp.  It’s all trial and error.  I know what you mean about taking good health for granted.  We’ll get ours back someday!  🤗🤗

• Posted

Hi Finny....and there is more to this too...this can also affect your sinus too and my ears have been affected too resulting in needing a nasal spray ....how hormones affect us us mind blowing and with time, i hope there will be more real understanding of how it affects us ladies and better meds to help us cope with it all. CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.