I didn't see an Ovarian cancer forum on this website

Posted , 5 users are following.

Was wondering if anyone had their cysts come back as cancer? Just found out this week mine was in fact cancerous.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meowas.  Sorry to hear your news.  I've done quite a bit of research since finding out I had a cyst and I've read about some coming back as borderline.   Is yours borderline?   

• Posted

During the removal surgery the frozen biopsy came back borderline, so they took the whole thing and did multiple biopsy's of all the different parts of it and it was positive for 1A ovarian cancer. Since I guess they suspected it was cancer all along they also did a screening of lymph nodes, fatty tissue, fluid, bladder, etc. after my removal surgery. He said it was a tedious surgery but all of those results came back negative for cancer so it hadn't spread out of my ovary. I will have to have another surgery to remove the other ovary and the uterus just in case the left ovary presents cancer since they don't know what caused it.  They did say before my surgery that it was possible it was cancerous, but they also said it could be benign. The surgery was enough to deal with so I pushed the cancer possibility out of my mind.

• Posted

Good to hear they've contained it.  It's just a nightmare having another operation.  I was offered cystectomy but opted for everything out just in case.  It's one of the those horrible situations where you don't have the final result until after operation and biopsy back.  I'm not making any assumptions until I get the final diagnosis in case it's the worst case scenario. 

I hope you get sorted soon. xxx

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. There is a Facebook group called ovarian cancer uk - a secret group so nothing shows and you can search and request to join. I don’t know of a specific one on this forum as found myself in the same situation. Big hugs xx
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that, thanks, I joined the ovarian cancer support group on facebook, There are a few hundred people on there.
  • Posted

My complex cyst turned out to be a borderline tumour so it was recommended that I have a full hysterectomy and omentum removed. I proceeded with this surgery just as I was recovering from the laparotomy... the also checked to see if there was any evidence it had spread but thankfully it hadn’t. 

Wish you well whatever comes next...

• Posted

I’m sorry to hear your news.  My surgery is on August 21st.  The plan is to take the right ovary plus both tubes.  If the doctor sees anything else that doesn’t look right he will take more (left ovary).  Do you mind sharing your age?  I’m wondering because the idea of medical menopause is scary to me, but it’s better than the alternative.  I’m happy your didn’t spread. Praying for you and your next surgery. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.  
    • Posted

No Problem, I'm 37.  So I'm young, but getting closer than most to menopause. They told me something similar that they'd know more when they opened me up that they could see it (cancer, I think that is the later stages). Not sure what it looks like versus normal tissue, not sure I want to know so I haven't googled it yet. After surgery, they told me that it looked good in there. But the biopsy confirmed the cancer in the ovary. I asked about the hormones on a cancer support group on facebook but only got two responses. One person said the hormones didn't make her feel any different and the other said they made her feel off but then she switched to an estrogen patch. I'm new to all of this since I'm still learning about the cancer diagnosis I just got. I hope yours comes back benign.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. Had my pre-op testing a couple of days ago.  The count down has started!  Hopefully I’ll have good news to share after my surgery. I’m preparing for the worst case scenario right now.
    • Posted

I hope so too.  I didn't worry about the cancer part because I was so preoccupied with the surgery.  But everything went really fast for me so that was bad because it was an emergency but good in that I didn't have too much time to process it all. I also didn't look up anything about cancer. At least it hadn't spread. I think about it more now in hindsight than I did leading up to it. I'm  very lucky to be alive. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.