I didn't take my mirtazapine for a week...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I guess I've just come here for peace of mind and a chat really. I have been lowering my doses for the last month and a half however the past week or so I had a very bad infection in my tooth, i was prescribed lots of antibiotics and painkillers and i was in so much pain having to work at the same time and taking mirtz was the last thing on my mind.

Anyway I've been having some pretty awful withdrawal symptoms the last 3 days or so loss of appetite, I've been extremely nauseous (but not sick) and my anxiety/mood has been awful.

I'm now unsure of taking the tablet again? should I just push through this? will i ever be the same again?

I will try and get in an appointment with my GP as soon as i can but i don't want to go back on it and have to experience this all over again?

thank you any advice would be great (im super health anxious so please dont frighten me haha)

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to add to this I've been on a 7.5 dose since i started 6 months ago

• Posted

Hi, I was taking 15mg for about 8 months an have reduced down to 7.5mg for the last 3 weeks, I was doing OK until this week where I have been sluggish not wanting to do anything.

I, like you have been on a course of antibiotics and wondering whether it's that and not the mirtazapine, I doubt it.

I have decided to eventually stop taking them soon but I don't think it's going to be easy. To take the edge off I take Kalms through the day and propranolol first thing in the morning (beta blocker).

I hope you feel well soon and you have support to help if you need it, there are also support groups out there. Good luck

• Posted

thank you for replying, i didn't think of taking something else to help but when i start tapering properly (I just took 7.5mg) ill keep that in mind x

• Posted

Are you sleeping ? Getting headaches ?

• Posted

I've always been a good sleeper id say i loose around 2 hours of sleep so I'm on 6/7 hours a night, however if i didnt have to get up for work I would be doing a lot more.

No headaches really its just nausea. itchy scalp, anxiety and feeling awful.

In a moment of weakness I did just have 7.5mg im gonna keep trying.

• Posted

Hi, it's true about sleeping more. I got made redundant a few months ago and having to get up for work was exhausting and now I'm sleeping approximately 2 hours more not having to get up, and they say the lower the dose the more sedating it is?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.