I didn't think I could get worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been suffereing from anxiety and depression roughly since Jan (I had about 1-2 years of severe anxiety as a child but the past 7-8 years I had only mild anxiety). I was put on fluoxitine 20mg as I've been on it in the past. I'm only on my 4th day and I can't take anymore. My head feels constantly light, tingly, itchy, sometimes burning just unpleasant. My thoughts are all over the place, constant nasty or horrid thoughts. I keep thinking stupid things like everything isn't real and I'm hallucinating. For example my mum was in hospital but she was fine and recovered but I keep thinking maybe she didn't and I've gone mad and am hallucinating or something. Thing is, these thoughts upset me but i dont fight them nor do they cause a proper worried/panicked reaction so I'm scared that I'm accepting it as truth. Everything looks odd or weird, if I try distracting myself I just get more weird or stupid thoughts. I can't do this much longer, whats the point if this is the rest of my life? I'm sick of having stupid confusing thoughts.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Probably best to go back to your doctor and discuss your meds

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

I thought this was supposed to be normal, is it a side effect or have I gone mad?
    • Posted

Not all medication are suitable for everyone but you do have to give the meds time to work and side effects are a big thing

Take carecheesygrin

• Posted

you might have a bit of paranoia mixed with your anxiety.  Try not to worry and let the medication help you.

Rich

• Posted

I hear you completely. You've listed many of my most current symptoms. I often think that there is no escape. I sometimes think I died and that this is one weird illusion that I am still living full of confusion and suffering. Distractions cam help and canmpt. It all depends on the underlying feelings on that day. It feels like there is no warranted reason for it and it feels quite it's harsh. But as you can see, you are not alone. We are in this together. I've stayed away from medication thus far big believe me I've been thinking about it. It has been bad but my resolve to not intoxofy my body is stronger. I've got therapy next week, some CBT, I'll see what that is like and let you know. Be careful using certain medication as it may exacerbate symtpoms but I do believe that they can help of need be. You're doing the right thing by not getting too caught up with symptoms though, let them be, don't get attached. It happens to many of us. Days will feel crappy like there's no point or purpose. But I am sincerely starting to believe that going through this horrible suffering will benefit us I'm the long run, although now may not feel like that

I've gotten a lot more compassionate to people. Keep it up, were all going to the same place at the end of this reality. Be thankful that there are people who share your vision

Take care

• Posted

So it just sounds like the anxiety mixed with the tablets I haven't gone mad?
    • Posted

No sweet you've not gone mad

Keep posting here for support

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

Hello Rumur I just wanna let you know I go through same type of thing, But what I have learned is when I start seeing things as distoted and yet I know it's not real or that it's not factual that it's my mind playing tricks on me like I think s lot that maybe I am not really here maybe this is all a dream and ppl. Really don't exist or the end of the world is coming and so on and so on, but I have found if I sit down and tell myself okay miond your false and your not thinking right and you need to try to recognize its all not real that everything is okay you need to busy yourself with something you enjoy. Call a friend that can help, I use to do so and it helpeds now with no friends the feelings are back and me being disabled I def. Go through depression and times of wanting to check out but I have my dogs to fight for. I have been on tons of different medication but maybe that is something else maybe talk with your doctor about something diffreent, Just a few things I thought might help I do know when I sit down and busy myself like I even make a bubble bath with stress beads and candles and music and that relaxes me I mean I can give you tons of ideas if you wanna know specifics ever. I hope maybe my ideas and what works for me can be of help
  • Posted

Thank you everyone. Can this really be just anxiety?
    • Posted

Yes we humans are powerful beings. There is a lot that we don't understand though

The best thing go do is during times of complete disorientation and perception altering illusions, just close your eyes and speak in your mind and say OK so this is going on again but here I am amidst it all. It feels like the worse thing imahimeable but it will pass like everything else I have experienced. There qre always good and bad days and be thankful we have that option

We always will have those options. Endure my friend

• Posted

Don't worry anti depressants take take time to work. These are certain artifical chemicals which are bound to act and cause a reaction in the form of vivid thoughts and imaginations.

Don't think about rest of life. Take 1 day at a time. Things are gonna get better. 

If you still feel unwell, share it with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.