I dislocate my hip joint 3week ago...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I dislocate my hip joint 3 week ago ,..by on my bike accident ..,It is painful experience  of my life,i was not done surgery ,ct scan report is ok,,,.there is not any fracture on my bones,,,but it is paining and can not do any work,,,,,,,please help(tip) Me how time after I walk perfectly ,,,,,,can hip pain in future,,,,,,,please if you have any experience help me

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

A  hip dislocation is not a minor accident. You may have damaged nerves, blood supply or muscles,so I'm not surprised you are in pain.   Did you have any advice regarding pain killers? If not try taking Ibuprofen 200mg every 4 hours .    If you have any numbness in your foot you should see a doctor in case there is nerve damage.

Although you say it is painful and you cannot work, you should try to exercise the leg with some walking  every day, gradually increasing the time from [say] 5 minutes to 30 minutes. Dont just sit all day.This is the worst thing you can do.  

Nobody can tell you how long this will take to heal or if you will have hip pain in future....everyone is different in the way they heal and  accidental injuries can vary greatly between individuals.  If you are not getting any relief by 3-4 weeks time you need to see a doctor. 

• Posted

Thnx marin ,but I walk a without support.,,,,doctor take ct scan there are not any nerve damage,,,,,,I am 20 year old,after just I try to perfect walk on the road but I can not sucessful,any idea about total recovery time of my hip,I not ice the my hip,I take can try to use less pain killer tablet
  • Posted

UGH sorry to read this...why aren't you in physical therapy??  Have you spoken to the doctor about the pain?  How old are you?  What country?  Are you icing the hip?  What exercises have assigned by the doctor or physical therapist?  Call the doctor's office and ask for help at least a referral for physical therapy guidance.  Good luck. 

• Posted

I walk a without support.,,,,doctor take ct scan there are not any nerve damage,,,,,,I am 20 year old,after just I try to perfect walk on the road but I can not sucessful,any idea about total recovery time of my hip
  • Posted

I try to take less pain killer 1 tablet in a day
    • Posted

One painkiller tablet a day is not enough.What are you taking?  You need an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen which as well as taking the pain away will help with taking the inflammation away.   Over exercising will not help...little and often is the usual advice building up gradually.   As we dont know the extent of the damage no one on here can give you an idea about recovery time,but often these sort of injuries take some time and its a slow process,sometimes taking 12 months but it should very gradually get better . Dont overdo it,.....muscle and soft tissue injuries like yours often take longer to heal than broken bones.  
    • Posted

Thnx..,,,discuss with doctor about,,,this but my hip pain are gone then we can off the pain killer without discussion with doctor,,,,.I can ask one question can I go to the clg after 1 month of hip dislocation?,,,,please ans me I goes in dipression.,,,,,? 
  • Posted

As your pain gets less of course you can reduce the pain killers but that is up to your judgement. Smoking cigarettes is not good for recovery in any injury but I understand it may be more beneficial to smoke to help you relax than get into a depression,which will not help you at all. 

Please try to give up the smoking once you are over this.

• Posted

Marin I dont't  smoke,,,,,I start college from today,,,,,,,thnx for your help

• Posted

Sorry,shubhamo...I thought clg meant cig [short for cigarette]. I see now you meant college.  Good luck and hope you have a good recovery.
    • Posted

Just i feel very better ...there are not numbness in my foot....i walk now better...pain in joint is stop after 3 week ...I think I will just in 2 month totally recover.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.