I do not know if I have lyme disease (bullseye looking rash-picture uploaded)

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a month ago, I was bit by a bug in Japan but I did not think much of it. It did itch but went away after a week or so. I honestly have never heard of Lyme disease before I saw someone post about it today so I was wondering if I should see a doctor about it or if it was something else?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Definitely go to the doctors. Some will treat when you have a bite that looks like that just in case. Not sure if there's anything else in japan that would cause this rash but I know for sure you only get the bullseye rash (certainly in the UK) if you've caught Lyme disease and couldn't be anything else.

Does it itch much?

• Posted

In regards to it itching, the mark is gone now since its been over a month but it did itch a bit when I had it, about the same amount as my other bug bites. I will try to get it checked out but I am pretty sure my mom will disregard this as nothing so it is going to be a bit hard to go to the doctors. 
  • Posted

Maybe do some research on Lyme disease to show your mum? Not everyone knows much about it, I didn't either and I got a bite just like that 5 years ago and due to me not going to the doctors and sorting it have spent the past 5 years getting sicker and sicker.

If you start to get symptoms but the test on the NHS comes back negative then you really should go privately to get tested as the NHS tests 2

Only pick up 30% of new Lyme disease.

Please, do take a trip to the doctors and be upfront with him/her about your fears, this is the only way I got tested.

• Posted

Hi, if the rash has gone away and you don't have any other physical symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, fatigue or muscle/heart pains, I wouldn't worry about it.
    • Posted

Patient UK:

"Some of those infected will have no symptoms. Patients with Lyme disease may not remember being bitten by the often innocuous tick. The presentation depends on the stage of disease"

She should still definitely go to the doctors for treatment. Just because she hasn't got symptoms now doesn't means he won't and by the time she does develop the symptoms the Lyme disease may be chronic and not get picked up on NHS test.

I didn't have immediate symptoms but certainly do now & getting treatment from NHS for a bite you had 5 years ago isn't easy, I'm having to pay for it myself.

Please see the doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.