I don't care about the world anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI I'm 20 years old and I feel like can't care about anything anymore, I'm not sure if I'm depressed because I don't feel sad or have suicidal thoughts,I just feel empty inside, I can't keep happy or sad or angry for long, I have wonderful friends that support me but for some reason I don't understand I keep pushing them away, I feel like I'm in some kind of void that devours my feelings, I cannot bring myself to care about school, friends, family or hobbies, I really feel that no matter what I do I'm already a lost cause and I'm just wasting resources on this planet and I'm not sure what I should do with my life. (sorry if im repeating myself or I have an error as English is not my first language)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you spoken to your GP yet? This is the first thing I would do .you are feeling worthless and there must be a reason for it. Your GP may prescribe you something that may help you for a short time. Depression can show in many different ways. You don't always have to feel sad. Please speak with your doctor

.love x

• Posted

In my experience (being depressed)... You don't have to be sad all day and have suicidal thoughts to be depressed, there's already a clear sign that something is not right in your life since you feel empty, you don't enjoy things you used to like that much and you became antisocial. That's pretty clear for me, the hard part is to recognize the problem and go find help. You should see a psychologist so he can tell you how to proceed in these cases. Every case is different and I'm not a doctor, but don't underestimate your problems, they're real.
  • Posted

Hi I agree with the advice given.  There are lots of online depression tests and while they aren't to be relied on they could give you a guide to whether you are depressed or not.   x

• Posted

I am the exact same way. I am a 24 year old female who has a wonderful husband and great support system and one day I woke up feeling absolutely nothing. To be honest I hate that I feel (or have lack of feelings) the way I do because I really have nothing to complain about. My feelings are so numb and off.. just empty like nothing is there. I went from being so overly happy and in love to .. nothing. I dont feel love.. happiness.. sadness.. anger.. I feel nothing. I am an empty vessel. I have been on Wellbutrin for 3 weeks now and will have to give it more time to work. I know how you are feeling you are not alone. I feel very alone feeling the way I do. I am sorry I cant give you more advise. I have been told that not all is lost and things will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.