I don't feel like myself. Is this anxiety or depression or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since around November (end of the first semester of senior year) I'd been feeling off a lot but it wouldn't be all day. I started to get panick attacks then but I could somehow cope. Now this feeling is constant. I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was 9 but it's never been depression so is that what this is? I feel like I can't move sometimes and I wake up super anxious and not like myself. The only time it goes away at all is when I distract myself but even then I can feel it at the back of my mind. I'm convinced this is some kind of cancer and that I'm dying. I can't go to sleep even when I'm exhausted and my anxiety usually escalates during that so now I don't even like going to sleep. I've been going to sleep at like 4 a.m. I've lost weight and have been eating less. Will this ever get better? I'm really starting to doubt myself. I'm usually pretty hyper and silly but the past couple months it's been very very suppressed. Sometimes itll come out but I'll still be kinda ...sad? But my anxiety has been off the charts at the same time? How would I have both at the same time? This is nuts I hate it so much. Idk anybody with problems like this???? Anyone else that feels like this? What is it??? Any advice is appreciated!!!!

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know much, but I think it could help to communicate with it, the sensation, emotion, state. Just get alone once u feel it, and communicate with it, by asking questions what is it, why does it appear, and most importantly, do not force or imagine an answer, what for it to come in whatever version (image, thought...) Its essential that you wait patiently to receive an answer, by continuing the communication... Keep on asking and waiting, feel the state you're in and accept it, on order to establish communication and eventually understand.

• Posted

I feel the exact same way. I wish it would go away but it won't I've been feeling this way for 2 months now and idk why..

• Posted

Hi I'm 22 and I feel the exact same way. I recently had health anxiety like you (thinking that I'm worse than I am). I've been like this three times already and it does go away. I just want to feel like myself too. I don't even feel like eating or laughing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.