I don’t get hungry pains or ever feel hungry but I can eat food if it’s in front

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was told i had ibs ive had colonoscopy 4 stool test ct scan and all normal but i just dont get the urge to eat food i have to get up and get food but body dosent tell me im 20 and male is it normal

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. Not ever feeling hungry in my opinion is not normal. Have you had your thyroid checked? The reason i ask this, is because when i was 39 i was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid & one of the symptoms for me was a loss of appetite. That symptom was just one of a few though. I'm not saying that it is your thyroid but it may be worth looking into. Another possibility is stress or anxiety. By the way, when i lost my appetite due to my thyroid i too thought i might have cancer but it wasn't. I would suggest you discuss this with your doctor as that is your best option Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.