I don't know if abdominal pain is causing this or what's going on

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 19 yr old male: so this all started 2 months ago where I had heart issues (that kept me Indoors for weeks) & after numerous tests that came back clear. So I realised that my heart maybe isn't the actual problem. After it came back clear I started having abdominal pain all over, I can't tell if bowel or intestines or stomach was causing it and strange bowel habits - I visited gastroenterologist and he said I have nothing to worry about. During that week of heart issues my penis would sometimes go darker coloured which still happens now. I seem to be losing muscle (especially on my arms) but I've been gaining weight at the same time - I used to gym and have stopped now so that may be the reason. When I try to engage in sports I don't seem to sweat as much as I used to. Also, My hands feel dry like from the inside as if there is lack of blood in there or something. Just recently I've developed a horrible sore throat and when I coughed a little blood came out due to me trying to get the flem out. My body just doesn't feel right and I've been under chronic stress/ anxiety for all this time. I have no idea what's causing this. I've had full blood test twice which according to the doctors have been normal or just slightly above or below the ranges. I've had a ultrasound of abdominal which was clear. Can anybody help me please I can't engage in normal life as my entire body is doing wierd stuff and the doctors seem so calm about it and blame it all on my stress and depression. Any thoughts and responses are very appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi jack, have similar problems recently with random pains all over stomach and chest. It started about 18 months ago. The pain started as a niggly feeling under left rib cage and kind of sticks around for a few months then disappears for a few weeks and then comes back again. I get chest pains all over also. I had an endoscopy last year and showed up mild gastritis and I also have over active thyroid.i have had an ecg and chest X-ray and two abdominal ultrasounds and numerous blood tests and all came up clear. I also find some days I'm really weak. Do you get this too? I do suffer from anxiety. I'm always worrying so sometimes I think this contributes to physical symtoms or so the doctors have said. Hope your feeling better soon.
    • Posted

Hi, I've had plenty of ECGs and x Ray's too. I do feel weak some days aswell. I don't know what it could be. Thanks and wish you best too.
  • Posted

I have an idea of what it could possible be. I was recently diagnosed with May-Thurner Syndome. Before that I had all kinds of problems and went to just about every kind of doctor but everything came back normal. I would get checked for vericocele veins in your testicles as this could be a good indicator of May-Thurner which actually happens farther up in your abdomin which could explain your pain there. It also affects blood flow to the penis and possibly the arms. It can cause fatigue and depression. Very few doctors even think about this condition so it often goes undiagnosed.
    • Posted

Oh ok Jim thanks for your response. I am not sure if it's that, I genuinely have no idea. After seeing numerous doctors I thought they would've found out by now what it could be But still nothing..
    • Posted

I know the feeling. I've been to every kind of doctor. But I strongly recommend that you get checked for vericoceles and ask them if they can check for May-Thurner at the same time. Sometimes this condition can be seen by ultrasound or a venogram which is performed by an Interventional Radiologist. When you were going to cardiologist and you stayed indoors were you pretty inactive during that time? This condition sometimes presents during long period of inactivity. The doctor may think this had nothing to do with your problems but I can tell you from experience it very well may be what you have. Please press your doctor to have these tests done.
    • Posted

Hi, yes I have been very inactive for a long period of time and I will definitely ask next time I go to the doctor about what you stated. Does vericocles or may thurner cause strange feeling in hand? As if it feels dry or something (in the inside).
    • Posted

I'm not sure but I have dry hands as well. May-Thurner could possibly affect blood flow to the hands because it gets blocked in the abdomin so your upper body might not be getting as much blood flow or circulation as usual.
    • Posted

Oh ok Yh that's probably true. Will definitely get the doctor to check it out. Thanks

• Posted

Good luck and let me know how it goes. Feel free to ask me any more questions cause I know what it's like to be told your normal and healthy but you feel like something is wrong.
    • Posted

Thanks and you too! And yeah I will do, it really is horrible. ☹️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.