I don't know if it's ibs or not,What should I do

Posted , 4 users are following.

Help me guys,

It's been 6 months after I identified that there is something abnormal in my digestion when I had an abdominalcramp and diarrhea in september 2020 .

It was a sharp pain and it became mild after hours and it completely went after 1 day.

Then it came after one or two weeks.

Then I started to browse about the symptoms and I found out that it might be irritable bowel syndrome.

And I took decision that I would consult a doctor after my exams are over.

From One week I am noticing that there is red spots in my stool.

I am panicking now.

I don't know what it is.

Next weeks are my Final exams and I don't know what to do.

I browsed about the symptoms and google shows about coloncancer.

But I don't have weight loss,Fatigue,and Vomiting.

I actually gained weight.

Please tell me guys what is this symptoms.

Is it Ibs with piles?

I am stressed out and I can't study properly for my exams

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

hi nick, I think you may be right with the original thought, NOT colon cancer! i don't know how old you are but I think this type of cancer occurs in older people. see your doctor, watch everything you're eating, note any symptoms that you get and whether they are eating particular food but don't cut food out. not yet. it's possible/probable that the exams could be be causing all the current problems. red could be blood or tomato/food skins. you need to know what this is and speak to professionals first. i hope you get the help you need. good luck in your exams.

• Posted

Thanks Bro,

I am 17 year old.

Is there any chance of danger

• Edited

hi nick, you are far too young to have cancer! i think you probably do have ibs or other bowel/ stomach problems. can you see your doctor on your own? if so see them and tell them as much as you can.

• Posted

I am going to see a doctor when I am free and I would update the information

• Edited

If the spots were bright red its more likely to be internal piles or even bits of red from food and not cancer....so stop worrying about that. If you are having daily cramping and diarrhea then it may be some form of IBS , but I cant see that your description is IBS>Do you have daily motions?Are they hard, soft, runny? A sharp pain is more likely to be trapped wind . What is your diet like?

Stress and anxiety can also cause these sort of symptoms so it could all calm down once your exams are over.

• Posted

I have cramping and diarrhea like thrice in a week.

I also have a mild pain and slight discomfort in my anus when I stand up

• Edited

If you are having cramping and diarrhea that often and also the anal pains that may also be due to muscle spasms then yes, you should see your doctor.It may be something quite simple that will go when the exams are all over...its amazing what stress will do to your gut, but getting checked is good.

• Posted

Hi, I think you should see a doctor. If it is colon cancer, its highly treatable, unless it takes too long to get diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.