I don't know what I've been doing wrong...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just gave birth about 2 weeks ago...

A week before I gave birth, I had an abscess drained.

Now, I have two new ones growing in the same exact area. I'm so heartbroken. I feel like my life purpose is to just be in pain.

I've cut out all nightshades as well. I haven't even ate or drank any sugar. I'm starting to think it's not food related and just something I'm destined to have.

I have a c section so I also can't go to the hospital and get it drained cuz I'd need to be on my stomach. Idk what to do sad

I'm so broken

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all

?I had never heard of the Vicks trick, but i tried it last night and it works!

?I usually keep my HS under reasonable control with diet, but I've been getting smallish but still painful flare ups over the last few months, possibly because i've been having some stress.

?I currently have a swelling, linked to an old existing sinus, that has been coming up and then subsiding once it releases it's contents, under my left arm for several months and then yesterday I got a crop of small acne-like eruptions under the right arm. I applied a layer of Vicks over these and this morning they've just burst on their own, the pain is gone and all i've done is wash the area and left it alone.

?I'm impressed! I'm going to try it under the right arm tonight, see what happens.

Thanks for this advice.

• Posted

No, i just used it once, last night for immediate relief of the crop I had. I'm going to use it again, maybe using it a few times might help with scarring but I don't think it will. For now I'm just really pleased with what happened. I'm really surprised too, I expected the Vicks to sting and irritate but if anything it seemed to take away a bit of the pain as soon as I applied it. I don't know who first discovered this but I'm so grateful!

• Posted

I don't think it will remove scars either.

I am glad it has worked for you Jay!

Camphor and menthol being a topical analgesic is what eases the the pain, I assume it is the other oils that help bring it to a head and soften the tissue so it breaks. Ingredients list below for North America, apparently the product made in Asia has slightly different ingredients, but the 2 I mention above are in that too.

I use the lemon...

Lemon:

Ingredient %Purpose

Camphor (synthetic)4.7%Cough suppressant and topical analgesic

Eucalyptus oil1.2%Cough suppressant

Menthol2.6%Cough suppressant and topical analgesic

Inactive Ingredients

Regular & Lemon:

cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil

Lemon: lemon fragrance

• Posted

Hi, many thanks.

?I'm in UK, I've never seen a lemon variety of Vicks, I don't think we get it here! I'm guessing you are in Canada?

• Posted

These weren't open, they were just coming up. But one of them is now a little bit open, and tonight I am going to try the Vicks on it again. I'll soon be able to tell you if it stings! I figure that if it stings, at least it is only a very small one so might not be too bad.

• Posted

You are very welcome, yes I am in Canada, I changed my user name to reflect where I am from smile

When I have used it on slightly open sores it hasn't hurt.... I credit that to the analgesic properties.

I first learned about Vick's treatment from a Facebook group that originated from the UK, since then I created my own group.

• Posted

I guessed it from your user name!

?Thanks for that info, I am going to try it tonight on something that is slightly open, just a tiny sore. But this is a great breakthrough for me, i'm really pleased.

• Posted

I use gauze to prevent possible staining of clothes and bedding from the vicks and it helps contain the rupture

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.