I don't know what is happening to me. Brain fog, dizzy and head pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 21 year old female. I just feel helpless with my symptoms. It all started 4 days ago when I was in my last day of my menstrual cycle. I felt dizzy even when I lay on the bed. So I went to emergency and they checked my blood pressure and it was fine (122/68 mmHg). They also took an cbc and a basic metabolic panel and dr told me it was excellent. Today is Thursday and my symptoms is so bipolar (it comes and it goes) that it just leave me so confuse. I eat well and keep myself hydrated by drinking a lot of water. I don't smoke or do drugs. Also I'm not much of a drinker. Today my symptoms consisted mostly of feeling light headed, a little dizzy and confusion. I don't have headaches or a fever. Laying in my bed looking up gives me a slight pressure in the back of my head. I'm so worried and feel like crying because I don't know what is the cause. I don't know if it is an ear infection or worse, a tumor. Although nobody in my family suffers from cancer/tumors. I don't know if it's my anxiety. In the moment I don't feel anxious. I don't have no chest pain or the feeling of being fatigue. I don't know if it's margarine, but like I said, I don't have a headache. Is not low blood pressure, anemia or hypoglycemia. I just don't know what is causing this symptoms. Any ideas??? I'm thinking of talking with my general dr and from there going to a neurologist.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Going to your GP is a good first step.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

The most common drop in blood pressure but since you say you are well hydrated, the second most common cause in hypoglycemia.  Are you eating well, or are you dieting?  Ive recently been having the same symptoms, but my husband who is an ICU RN says it's caused by hypoglycemia because I'm trying to loose weight.  He's usually right abou{ everything, so I trust him.  If you are eating well then it could be something more serious.  Does it happen every time you stand up from lying on your back?  It could be a problem with your heart.  You need to tell your doctor that you are having these symptoms.  He will probably firsth order a glucose tolerance test.  It will rule out or show that you are having problems with your sugar.  If that is normal he will probably order an echocardiogram.  Which is an ultrasound of your heart.  It that is normal he will probably order an Transesophogeal Echocardiogram.  You will have sedation for this test.  They can see your heart better via you esophagus.  So they will need to go down your esophagus with a scope with a camera on it.

• Posted

I forget to write that I got an electrocardiograma (ekg) and it was fine and my sugar is also normal according to the basic metabolic test.
  • Posted

Hello Ashley ,

I'm having similar symptoms and after several tests Mri MRA OF the head ,heart , now my doctors Neurol and ENT suspect I have Meniere disease , I'm waiting to have the VNG test for that

• Posted

Please tell me how it goes. I think my problem is related to my ear because I have this very small pain in my ear. But the small pain comes and goes.
  • Posted

Hey Ashley I’m not sure whether you’ve figured out what’s been going on with you yet. But it honestly sounds a lot like what happened to me around the same time as you. Mine would come and go just like you and I’d feel that head pressure, what it turned out to be for me is I had extremely tight muscle knots on my rhomboids and trap muscles on my back. Everything’s connected, so if your upper back muscles are tight, it’ll pull on your neck muscles and the neck muscles will pull on your cranial muscles causing you to the feel that pressure ontop of your head. I’ve been getting deep tissues massages since.  I felt the brain fog too, I’ve gotten a little bit better but I’m still trying to get rid of some of the knots on my back. I hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.