i don't know what is this help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Like 2-3 days ago i started feeling this weird thing happening, im originaly a health anxiety sufferer. I feel like the right side of my throat (front neck) where the artery is like its swelling(its not in the mirror or to my family) or someone is pulling that part up to under my ear or there is a twitch or a stronger heartbeat. I don't know if i pulled that muscle cuz mainly i feel like pulling sensation or there is something wrong, could it be my anxiety cuz when im working or doing something to keep my self busy i totally don't feel it

Im not sure if what im saying makes any sense i searched but nothing with this symptom. im not sure if this is just another anxiety trick on my muscles

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Well i know what you mean. not the exact thing but with me it is like a pulled a muscle in my chest or i get like nervous cuz i am a bit short of breath. After a while i convince myself  all of these different things are just in my head and i surround myself in situations where i am with loved ones and friends and where it is fun and we have things to do to keep my mind sidetracked.... It also helps doing that because i have HUGE case of all around anxiety. Sometimes my anxiaty is so bad and i am so out of comition i feel like i am on bed rest. same as after a panic attack. i feel every ounce of energy is drained rite out of me. some days i feel like crap without having an anxiety attack so i just take a not too hot or cold but cool shower and it makes me feel better and brightens me up a little. I get my anxiety though as something i can't say is a thing that goes away after a few months lol. my mom,sister,grandmother, all have it and my great grandmother had it. So it is inevitable for me lol. If you have a significant other. have them help you take your mind off of it. When you start to worry grab a book or watch a good movie. Or if u r like me and if that sometimes does not work grab some tunes lol. cool STAY CHILL
    • Posted

Just like me my mom had it my sister have it and my grandmother also have it. And i do that as well i keep my self distracted with work im a kg 1 teacher and im a student too i stay out alll day and try to come home exhausted to sleep the night but my day seem tasteless thats whats bothering me.

whats funny is that i was in class like 15 mins ago and i totally forgot about that thing in my neck and it didn't even bother me but when i remember it then i start feeling it its insane.

But whatever it im 21 im gonna do everything i can to just live my life and get out of this hell.

• Posted

When my anxiety was really bad I got this and it ran from my neck to my chest I felt top of my chest and could feel it pulling I would get my breath took away by it most of the time I went to hospital and doctors and they did not have a clue what I was on about and I had to deal with it for months because I would focus on it so much finally I started to take my mind off it slowly and it has gone xx
    • Posted

Thank god its not only mee. By hey did u ever get that feeling when you're anxious and depressed for no apparent reason?
    • Posted

It first started when I was really depressed and really anxiouse because nobody understood me I think that made it worse so it did just happening randomly to be honest I don't think I had a trigger to it but I had to teach myself to remember it was anxiety in a way I wish you had posted this back when it first started for me because I had never heard of anybody else having it before xx
    • Posted

Me too it just started out of no where suddenly and still to this moment like now i feel anxious numb and depressed for noo reason i can barely talk and i just want to disappear.
    • Posted

I know that exact feeling it's all too overwhelming I was to the point nothing would sink in no matter what I did all my feeling was gone I found it really hard to get excited did you im actually still strughling with that part xx
    • Posted

Yes i feel like nothing would make me smile i can't get excited about anything no matter what it is. I also have this feeling of kinda sleepy but not really its like im not really aware to whats around me did u ever have that? What's keeping me strong honestly is my religious beliefs. But still its a big struggle i just wanna snap out of it
    • Posted

Yes exactly that !! I have just wrote this to a person if you look on the feed it says a Linkin park song numb he says he feels emotionless too ! Are you on meds im not ??
    • Posted

Noooo im not and im not planning too any time soon i know far more ppl who got better and got thier life back without meds more then the ones with

and what i lately learnd is that anxiety is a learnd behaviour the can be unlearned

meds can help with physical symptoms but not your behaviour

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.