I don’t know what’s wrong with me.

Posted , 3 users are following.

This might be long, but please listen. 

I’ve been in and out of the hospital for a while now trying to figure what is wrong with me. I feel as though I’m literally dying. My head feels very heavy (as if the back of my head was turning into concrete). My neck would feel as if someone was choking me and swallowing would be pretty hard. The back of my neck would feel as if it was on fire or was about to snap so I’d have to lay down every couple minutes. The pain is unbearable 

Well.. today I was trying to go to bed but couldn’t. My shoulder blade has been hurting for a while and so it was really hard to get into a comfy position. I ended up moving around too much and felt something painful from the left side of my rib cage which caused me to freak out. 

I end up shaking pretty badly and my hands seemed to want to ball into fists or they’d move around a lot. I also notice I touch my face A LOT. I have to get up and walk around until I’m calm but it immediately starts back up again and it’s a repeat cycle. My head feels as if it’s gonna explode and the insides of my stomach feel as if I punctured something. Like it’s Intense pain everywhere.

I don’t know if anyone else is going through the same thing or not but if you are, can you tell me how you cope with it? 

Also sorry if you don’t really understand what I mean by all this since it’s actually difficult describing how I feel.. but all I know is that it hurts. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ally, sorry to read your plight and how much pain you're in. Your description of how you touch your face sounds a bit like compulsive behavior. And this behavior serves only to temporarily allay your anxiety hence having to repeat the action. Can you give a little more detail regarding when this all started and what the doctors have said at the hospital? Donna x

• Posted

Sorry I got your name wrong!!!
    • Posted

Hi Donna!

I use to smoke weed a lot (which wasn’t a problem since it actually helped me deal with my Depression, Social Anciety and PTSD) this was something I was diagnosed with at a young age but was something I learned to cope with.

Anyways, I started taking medication for my depression since it was getting worse and ended up freaking out one day when I got high. The symptoms that I experience now were more severe when I was high. 

After my high was done I told myself that I would never smoke weed again. Whatever happened that day still has an effect on me now and I just don’t know why. It’s been 4 years since it happened and I still feel how I did when it first started.. just less severe but still painful. 

I don’t know if the medication mixed with the weed caused this or not.

When I went to the doctors about it after experiencing the feeling without weed, all they could say was “I don’t know”. I got that for a while. They had my blood tested and had some scans done with my brain (don’t know what they’re called) and they didn’t find anything wrong. 

After awhile they told me that some of the things i’m mentioning sounds like my Anxiety, while other doctors told me that it could be my depression. 

It sucks whatever it is and I’m really trying to deal with it but I constantly feel like I’m dying. I try to calm myself but even the slightest noise I hear my body make (tummy growling or something like that) I go into full panic mode and can’t sit still while also doing something embarrassing like pacing or talking to myself (like I’m being controlled or forced to do it) again, it’s weird describing how I feel only because I have way to many things I hear, see, feel m, etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.