I don't know what's wrong with me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All, I'm sorry to put this post here because I don't know actually in which category it belongs. I've been having health problem 12 years from now, my symptoms started after having a case similar to hypothermia. First, I noticed stiffness in my neck, shoulder muscles and a mild imbalance that is felt only when I turn from side to side. After a year, I got sick for a couple of days in the summer and after I recovered, weakness in my eye muscles appeared and sensitivity to light also developed which was identified later by an ophthalmologist. So far, these symptoms were part of my daily life and didn't resolve. In the next couple of years, I also developed mild peripheral neuropathy which was identified by EMG test, the doctor couldn't know the cause of it. 

After this period, I stared noticing that I have a decline in my cognitive skills, to put it in other words I felt my mind is getting slower, it was not sudden just slowly progressing over the years.

Five years from now, I developed problems in my heart which was tricky, for three months I couldn't tolerate even mild efforts like climbing stairs or lifting moderately heavy stuff and even standing still for more than 10 minutes would trigger light headiness and my heart start racing, and the worst part was at night when I lie down, my heart used to feel like it's doing a big effort to keep everything's going. ECG and stress test didn't reveal anything back then which made me ask myself, what the hell is going on here. By the way, I used to be a very active guy when it comes to sports, I used to play basketball and hike all the time.

After a year of having this weak heart, my heart symptoms resolved partially, I could do walks but still, standing for long times and lifting heaving stuff will directly trigger light headiness and feeling of tiredness. 

Fast forward till now, I guess I had a relapse again which started after I was hiking near my house, the next day I felt numbness in my jaw which went and came during the day, also my old symptoms of heart re-appeared but this time it was even worse. 

After this last relapse, I did a complete blood test including ANA, the results showed vitamin B 12 deficiency so my doctor put me on monthly injections. I also did a brain MRI, came out normal and ECG and stress test again which came out normal.

I'm puzzled and right now, I feel I'm helpless regarding my health. If possible, I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on some areas or give me pointers, or maybe share an experience similar in parts to mine and what did he/she do to resolve it. I appreciate in advance your help and input. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a blood test to look at your thyroid function. If you have and it was normal you may need a test for your T 3 levels in your blood, as a lot of doctors will not test you T3 unless you insist?.

I am not medically qualified to give you further advice but I would ask for a second opinion if you are not happy?.  C

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I had my thyroid tested and the result was normal.
    • Posted

Hi

Seeing as your thyroid results are normal I really don't know what else to suggest?  As I said I am not medically qualified, but if it was me I would insist on the doctor doing various tests to see what is wrong with me?.

Good luck I hope you find a good doctor ?.  C

• Posted

hi elia

im a bit of a loss myself here there are so many problems you have had in these 12yrs its hard to say what could be wrong on a lot of the illnesses its a case of getting to the bottom of each illness one thing at a time.

i can only think as for your heart have you had blood pressure checked recently??? this can contrbute to quite a lot of things such as heart it sounds like you are having palpitaion's and the dizzy spell's high or low can cause allsorts of problems .

also lack of vitamin b12 can do you feel its doing you good since you have been on the injectin's. have you had any urine infection's.

you really need a good overall i do understand what you must be going through and to be like this is bound to make you feel unwell. i would suggest either go to your dr and tell im to do some blood tests for all kinds of things thats wrong with you or you will never get to the bottom of your problem's but heart can make you feel really bad this is the first priority nuropathy can be the next as this can come from the nerves spasams causing muscle weaknes all the symptoms you have discribed or you could be suffering vertigo   im very intresed to no the out come, aneamia can cause a lot of why you feeling tierd please don't take all what ive tryed to explaing i could be wrong its only a guess but do agree there is something thats causening you to feel the way you do and 12yrs is a long tong time but if you don't push you won't get any answer's.

dr's aren't always right in diagosing you need to take it futher if not satistfied.

pleased keep posting

christine 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and concern, Im planning to get another opinion regarding my heart next week, and well c.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.