I don't know what's wrong with me any more!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Can anyone please help? I haven't felt well for several months. It started with fast pulse 140 bpm, upper back ache and overwhelming tiredness, also felt short of breath at times. At that time was dealing with a family bereavement. I was already taking 10 mg citalopram daily. I had a chest xray done, ecg, bloods and echocardiogram and all came back normal. I get good days and bad days. I just want to stay indoors most of the time but I push myself to go out. I think it's because I'm afraid of feeling ill when I'm out. This past week I increased citalopram to 20 mg and zI don't know if it's making me feel worse. I think I may have costochondritis because I have sore ribs and upper back ache. I wonder if I have fibromyalgia also because I ache all over. Has anyone felt like this? Your replies would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi juliannah

Yes it's normal to feel worse before better.

I started on 20mg and the side effects were not nice at all. I to wanted to stay in doors till I felt better then I ventured out .

From what I read I think even if you just up your dose you still get the normal side effects.

Your maybe worring too much just because of how your feeling?

I was terrified most of the first week about my health but it does pass .

Just give it time to get into your system .

Hope you start to feel better soon .

Debi x

• Posted

Hi Debi,

Thank you so much for replying and for your reassuring words. I think I may be depressed because I feel weepy at times. It just all these mysterious aches and pains make me worry a lot about my health. It's a lonely place to be when you feel like this because family don't seem to understand what anxiety is like. They think it's all in the mins. Having a place like this to chat is very helpful for me because it makes you realise that you are not alone. I suspect the increase in dosage has heightened my anxiety right now. If it has made you feel better then I can hope that I will feel better soon too. So grateful for your reply. Best wishes to you x😊

• Posted

Hi

No problem .

If in doubt post on here so many helpful people who are going through or been through the same thing as you.

All

The best for a speedy recovery .

Debi x

• Posted

Juliannah

U are not alone . At the moment i feel exactly the same as you. My ribs are very sore. Evev when i move or cough my back hurts. I have pain all over my body and i am so sure it is fibro...although doc says no. All my blood test an ecg are normal though.

I am on week 9 citalopram. Few days ago upped it to 30 and all the side effects came back specially the anxiety. But i am sure , you also be assured, that it will go away and we will get back to our happy selves. I was on citalopram for 6 years and it worked miracle for me. But went cold turkey and had to reinstate it.

Get well soon!

• Posted

Hi ferin,

Thank you so much for replying. It's ver reassuring to know that what I am going through can be expected. I'm so sorry that you are experiencing similar symptoms. I have looked up fibromyalgia and I seem to have all the symptoms. At the moment my neck and shoulders are aching even my left arm. I sometimes get aches in my right arm. Between the shoulder blades is another sore spot. Even my hands and feet ache on times. I don't know whether anxiety is the cause or whether my symptoms are the cause of my anxiety, if you know what I mean. After all the tests I had they told me it was probably viral and to take pain killers. I try to convince myself that it's fibro and anxiety and not anything more serious, although those are serious enough in their own right. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Take care x

• Posted

Juliannah , fibromyalgia can cause depression/anxiety too. The pain is more like travelling all over the body. Every day i have some new pain in new location along with/without the old pains. I prefer firo pain over depression and anxiety however. Depression made me paralised and fed up with life. I had the unreality feeling about myself and found no reason for living . But now after 9 weeks feel slightly better and hope for 100% recovery. You will get better soon.

Take care xx

• Posted

Hi ferim,

I am sorry to hear what you have been through, I don't believe I have suffered serious depression as you have, it must be truly awful. My aches and pains travel too, sometimes I get IBS symptoms and I've never had that before. I also get acid reflux. There seems to be so many unexplained things going on. The other day a pain in the left side of my abdomen kept me awake all night, the next day or had gone. Weird things like that happen. I do hope that your problems will be resolved and I am going to keep going and just accept that I have fibro and anxiety rather than worry about anything else. Thanks for sharing your problems with me. Take care x☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.