I don't know what's wrong with me. What should I do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

The past 5 months I have been having bad anxiety on and off, but the last 4-5 weeks have been hell. I recently left my job for another job which did not work out so I'm currently "in between jobs". At first, I was happy about this because I needed a break from everything, but I literally dread every day because of how I'm feeling physically and emotionally. I try to plan my day but it never works out because I feel overwhelmed like I'm nervous - my heart beats hard and rapidly even when resting and my nerves almost feel tight and I feel very uncomfortable. Whenever I eat something these feelings become intense, which I find very strange and I keep getting dizzy to the point where I can't stand for long because my heart pumps, dizziness gets worse and my vision goes blurry. I've gone from someone who never cries, to someone who cries almost everyday for nothing. I'm just not myself anymore and it's the most frustrating thing. I'm so unmotivated, not focussed and I've no energy for the day. I'm just waiting for each day to end. I'm young and healthy, 20 y/o female, 140lbs, I eat well and exercise regularly, but all have that has gone down the drain because the past 3 weeks I've been having mad sugar cravings and have given in all the time because it's the only thing that satisfies me - I've been having sugar binges at least 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks, which is so unlike me as I'm usually very disciplined with my diet and what I eat. I also can't sleep or struggle to stay asleep, if I don't take a sleep aid I only manage to get 3-4 hours of sleep. My mood and energy levels are so low and I'm detached from myself and all that's around me. I'm at the point where I'm so frustrated and miserable that I want everything to just end, waking up everyday is draining. I'm not sure if it's just anxiety or an actual health issue. Please help if you can. Thanks

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I have all of this and it hit me out of nowhere, and I'm about to turn 20 too. The only thing that's different is I lost 25 pounds and have no appetite. I'm terribly dizzy I've been laying down for two weeks. My body feels weak, and I have lost points in my vision. I would never sleep if I didn't take a sleep aid. I've had so many test all come back fine. My doctor said its just anxiety, but he did a lot of tests on disease's that can bring anxiety because it happen out of nowhere. I have no motivation to get up and I feel physically heavy too. I'm probably just going to get on anxiety medicine because after three months I feel like I'm really losing this fight. Stay strong go to the doctors if they think you need a test they will test you. Good luck and I'm really sorry this is happening. If you find something works for your dizziness let me know I'm miserable. <3

• Posted

I totally understand how you're feeling, it's good to know I'm not going crazy and others experience this too. I've been dealing with this for about 2 years now but didn't know it was anxiety. My weight dropped suddenly and I also lost 30lbs but now I manage to maintain my weight despite sugar binges. It makes me feel so pathetic that I can't even function because of this and the dizziness is the worst. Have you tried taking supplements: Magnesium Citrate, B6, Zinc, Amino Acids?

I'm worried that a doctor will just prescribe me antidepressants and I'll have to depend on those. Keep me updated, thanks

• Posted

I can relate to both of you. I lost 2 stone out the blue due to stress and anxiety and was just carrying on with it until I dropped in work one day. I felt horrendous to say the least. Every test possible confirmed it was anxiety

Similarly I spent everyday exhausted. Physically and mentally. I exercise right and eat healthy. I have gained my weight back yet everyday I still feel exhausted. I spend my days off just in a limbo like state, I know I need to do something to change this but I have no idea what.

The doctor prescribed a few antidepressants to help sleep but they basically sedated me all day. (amitriptyline and Mirtazapine), Fluoxetine as an SSRI gave me two months from hell. I don't recommend it.

Now I am struggling with depression due to this feeling for the past two months or so and the doctor wants me to try Sertraline. Scared senseless to start but there is no respite what so ever with anxiety. Something has to work surely rolleyes

Hope you find what works for you

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. I was suggested Fluoxetine but refused, what was your experience on Fluoxetine like?
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean. Anxiety can be debilitating. I don't feel like I'm living, just waiting for the day to go by and change to happen. Best of luck

• Posted

Hello,

Not to scare you about trying it but I ended up in Hospital on it because I got so run down.

15 days of vomiting / D. Massively enhanced panic states that lasted days, racing heart literally all day. Restlessness, i couldnt sit down at all. Sweats / shakes and didn't sleep for 4 days straight and had massive amounts of confusion. I was actually walking around the park one morning at 4am and have no idea why - scary place. I was a mess and really looked like death. Every time I asked the doctors I got "give it two weeks to settle down". The experience was hell. Never again.

That is just my experience of it, there are as much horror stories as there are good.

I have been put on Sertraline which seems a hell of a lot kinder for now.

Propranolol helps the most though I'd say.

• Posted

Hi. That sounds awful, medication really isn't "one size fits all", but doctors never seem to listen to their patients properly anymore. At least you found something that works. Hopefully, you've got anxiety under control now. Thanks for the suggestions. All the best

• Posted

Hello 

You have not been to see your GP yet ?. If not make an appointment, make a list of your fears and mood problems and this will help you explain more fully what has been going on.

When it comes to a sugar binge, what about fruit. Aldi has boxes of Clementines at the moment you could when you get the munchies try a bit of fruit that may help you get away from the sugar. Yes fruit has sugar, although the sugar in fruit is a different type.

Explain to your GP.

BOB

• Posted

Hey. Thanks, that's actually a great suggestion rather than reaching for chocolate. I went to the GP a few months ago and was prescribed Propranolol, which makes me feel very slow and tired. I'm curious if my doctor will prescribe me Diazepam but I'm scared to ask

• Posted

I'm on diazepam but just take it when i have to do somthing stressful that day but gives u headaches i don't take it alot cause very additive

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the response. Right now I'm desperate to try anything but because of the holidays I have to wait 4 weeks for a GP appointment rolleyes

• Posted

Sorry to hear about what you're going through but I understand anything you can do is go get test done everything comes back good then it's anxiety see my anxiety is because of my health issues I'm having palpitations and I have very bad gastric reflux just trying to figure out what medicine is work going to work now but if you need to talk I'm here

• Posted

I feel better my palpitations went down a lot the nervous that's still trying to come back a little bit but I'm sure it'll pass was the medicine gets completely in my system I've been breathing heavy for like 2 months and now breathing normally makes me nervous how funny is that got to get used to it again how are you feeling

• Posted

Hi. Glad to hear for feeling better and feeling "normal" again. Right now I'm hoping that it's something other than anxiety that way I'll know what to do. Is your medicine for anxiety or something else?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.