I don't know what this condition I have is. pls help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all.

For as long as I can remember, I've never talked to anybody except my 5 family members and my friends. I would simply smile at people whenever they asked me anything. But I talked okay with my friends and teachers.( Mostly I was introverted and had only best friends). I never really bothered about this.When I was in my teens, I would throw tantrums whenever my family asked to attend any functions. I hated the idea of facing people.But this behaviour passed. Recently a friend blatantly told me I was not good at talking. This hurt me a lot and it still does . Now I'm 20 and at a turning point of my life.I have to choose my career, but I feel aimless. I am overwhelmed by this feeling of entering university life and meeting people, making friends. Is this social anxiety disorder? I did once get symptoms like shortness of breath and dizziness. .I feel emotionless and there is a heavy feeling in my chest whenever I think abt these things.Sorry if you find my words weird, I really don't know how to explain it any better. Is there anybody facing similar condition..Pls help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Communication gets better over time and with practice. naturally things do get better over time, and through learning. Communicate honestly and be open in your approach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.