i don't know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

feeling so empty

medication changed recently (1 month) and now increased, not working so far.

assessment with cmht yesterday but was almost told nothing they can do.

everything slowed down

don't want to do anything

nothing makes me happy anymore

bridges look so appealing

don't know what I am going to do

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

May I ask what medication you are taking. The reason I am asking is because PUK have a forum for many different medications and you might find some support from others who are taking the same as you.

Depression can be a very long process, with healing and improvement taking anything from months to even years to cure.

Rather than looking too far ahead try to take one day at a time - even hour by hour.

Don't look back and think you aren't getting better - try and look forward and think 'I'm going to beat this'.

You can PM any time and I will do my utmost to be there for you.

We also have a chatroom if you feel up to chatting to others who are or have experienced what you are experiencing now.

The important thing to remember is you are not alone (though it can feel very much like you are at times).

Many people find it helps to post of their feelings here - it can be much easier than sitting in a room face to face with a stranger and talking to them.

Give it a go sweetheart - you have nothing to lose and hopefully a lot to gain.

To find the forum that discusses your medication click the link below.

http://experience.patient.co.uk/category.php?c=20

Huge hugs for me

Melbi xxx

• Posted

Hi Melbi

thanks for your reply.

on Venaflaxine, gone from 75 to 150, first one today

last time i was this bad was about 10 years ago so i know can be better but much more at stake now. self employed n all that jazz.

scared the cmht won't take me seriously and not offer me anything

gp talked about signing me off - never happened before, certainly can't do anything at the moment.

how do i find the chat room?

thanks again

hannah

• Posted

Hi girl (that sound not nice - do you have a nick name or a name we can use rather than girl? :oops:

I will PM you a link to the chatroom.

Melbi x

Here is the link that will take you to the forum where other people are taking the same medication as your good self.

http://experience.patient.co.uk/discussion_list.php?d=265

• Posted

Hi again

Just to let you know I have pm'd you a link to the chatroom and the forum where people post their own experiences of the medication you are taking. That is what the above post is about (the forum) but could take a while for it to show up here :oops:

Melbi x

• Posted

hi melbi

cheers for the links will have a go.

I agree girl isn't nice but don't know what else to call myself - feel so flat i can't think of any other names (other than horrid ones). don't mind what i am called (not my name though) so open to suggestions of what i could be.

• Posted

Hi Melbi Hi Hannah. Could you possibly post the link to the depression chat room so that others like me can use it? I post regularily on the mirtazapine site but I am also taking lithium and prothiaden. I am feeling a lot better but would welcome the extra support. Thankyou. Pooh bear.
  • Posted

have taken time off work, staying with friends for part of the week, ok when around people but crash down when on my own.

have borrowed their computer and accidentally deleted my pm's so lost the forum link - stressing me out as was going to go on - feeling trapped and panic-ing. please send again Melbi if possible

know I need to get back to work asap but scared that if I go back too quick i may make things worse. That is the rational part of me, the other part says why bother stressing as soon it won't matter. I know I should listen to the first one over the second but it takes so much more effort and energy, something of which I lack at the moment.

CMHT say look back at the handy hints sheets from last time and get gp to re-refer in the future if bad. Knew i couldn't trust them, they are just like all the rest. not sure if I want to carry on with any of it anymore, i mean, what is the point?

• Posted

Hi new to this,just to say hello and give outline of meds etc. had nervous breakdown about 12 years ago and swore it wouldnt happen again,OOPS! it creeps up on you.This time new doc and useless,wouldnt give meds so i spent a year struggling to get over it with no real help,it didnt work so new doc had to start from scratch,how frustrating?Am on Mirtazapine 15mg for 12 days now,think theyre helping with depression and anxiety but so many probs and fears to deal with it feels theres no hope some(most)days.Some of you peoples experiences and side effect are same as mine but feel ive got off light up to now,hope we all get through our personal probs in time,all the best to all.

L J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.