I don't know what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been depressed for a few weeks now. It gets so bad I just lay in bed all day and want to sleep. I also suffer from bad anxiety. I've had thoughts about suicide but never harmed. I just don't know what to do. Everything seems to be going into the wrong direction. Everytime I end up building my self up or when someone makes me believe I'm worth it they knock me back down and I get worse than I was before. In my life now there is nothing positive about it. My health is bad and I've had to been hospitalized along with my grandparents. I just don't know what to do.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi although I can't give you any strong advice I am feeling the exact same way! Maybe you'd like to chat? Inbox me your email don't suffer in silence lets help each other out

• Posted

Hi Madelyn. It sounds like you have a lot of bad stuff going on right now. Since you're under medical care for other health issues (which must be adding to your anxiety), could you tell your doctor how you're feeling? Earlier this year I was in a similar position regarding depression and anxiety. My GP helped a lot and between us we got me back on my feet again. I'm not 'better' but I'm 'good enough' I think.You might find some kind of talking therapy will help you deal with the knock backs, maybe there's a short term medication to help your depression and anxiety. They feel like opposites but often they are treated together. I certainly wouldn't suffer in silence.

• Posted

i have been depressed since i was a child but with intervals without. I thinkniacin vit B3 might  help as its had good things said about it and you might be getting symptoms because of shortage ( you have to work up gradually to high doses to have an effect on depression)

Now are you feeling afraid of life. like its an open book and you dont know what to do with it? Are you feeling you aspirations and hopes cannot be fulfilled?  Do you feel free to chose what you do with your life or are you feeling controlled or opressed? have you got friends in whom you can confide preferably? are you in a relationship? children etc? you sound young i dont know why. But I have had a lot of trouble getting the right medication that suits me and lifts the depression, you will find the same as does everyone i know on anti depressants. I take wellbutrin which is not and sri unlike most of them ( none of which worked for me- some having nasty side effects- you can feel worse on them than off and that is saying something. I think you need to look at your life or maybe you have and see that it in any way fits with your hopes and aspirations? are you living with parents? You have shaky self confidence havent you. It always hurts to have someone negate you especially if they have been supportive, but usually people can take that though it might upset them at the etime, it wont be the 'always' truth, you have absolutely no idea what the future holds, what seens intolerable can turn and suddenly go well for you as it did for me, but I had to suffer isolation and terribly poverty before I reached an unreal( so it seemed) life consisting of absolutely everything I ever wanted, so it can change. Get another look at your medication it doesnt sound as though its doing it for you atall, try others as many as it takes. And look up on youtube vitamin B3 NIacin and how it can help or remove depression, there are many articles on it. Good lucky Gill

• Posted

Hi There

I Fully understand the helpless ness during such times.But the only way out of such a situation is your strong will to get over these problems against all odds with the right medication and support.Along with medical help the following can be done to get over the issue.;

The ordinary highs and lows of life make everybody feel miserable or elated occasionally. Simply traversing the day can be overpowering. Regardless of how sad you feel, you can show signs of improvement. Understanding the signs, reasons, and treatment of depression is the initial step to beating the issue. Each of these anxiety alleviation tips is capable of pulling you out of your mental lows and make you feel and stay better.

Contemplate and Meditate:

Spend just a small period of time in a day meditating and help yourself ease out tension. Sit up straight and keep both your feet on the floor. Then keep your eyes closed. Center all your concentration on a single positive thought. Place any of your hands on your gut to match up the positive mantra with each breath you take. Let any distracting introspections glide by like mists.

Inhale Deeply:

Enjoy a 5-minute reprieve and concentrate on your relaxation. Sit up straight with eyes shut and with one of your hands on your paunch. Gradually breathe in through your nose, feeling the breath begin in your belly and work its way to the highest point of your head. Reverse the procedure as you breathe out through your mouth.

Suggested Reading : Insomnia Treatment without Medicines

Be Present:

Moderate down and take 5 minutes to concentrate on one and only behavior of yours while being focused. Try realizing the feel of the air when you stroll and also how each of your feet feels at the moment it hits the ground. Prepare yourself to praise the surface and the very taste of every chomp of nutrition. When a person invests his energy in the present moment, concentrating on all his faculties, he certainly feels calm and less strained.

Connect:

Your informal organization is one of the most effective instruments that are capable of taking care of depression and anxiety. Communicate wholeheartedly with others. Share what actually is going on in your life. You are often likely to learn new and interesting viewpoints when you keep your entire association solid.

Tune into your Body:

Take rational steps for checking your whole body in order to realize how the stretches and physical exercises influence it every single day. Sit placing both your feet flat on the floor or you can just lie straight on your back. Start stretching each of your toes while working way up to the scalp. Then try to understand how your entire body feels. This is an amazing technique that works wonders in relieving from depression.

Roar with laughter to ease depression :

Laughter, as they say, is the best medicine, a decent stomach snicker doesn’t simply ease the burden rationally. It brings down cortisol, which is the body’s anxiety hormone and supports mind chemicals called endorphins, which help your disposition. In case you find difficulty laughing, take the help by tuning into your most loved sitcoms or video or by talking with somebody who makes you grin.

Utilize these easy remedies to relish great encounters and enhance your overall well-being. Bear in mind to praise achievements like mastering another errand at work or other leisure activity. When you begin feeling focused; spend a couple of minutes looking through your notes to remind yourself what truly matters.

• Posted

um I think you have to feel well enough in the first place to do all these things, but when motivation is lacking its like climbing a mountain. And when you feel down sociability is tiring and hard work at least as I experience it. And then one avoids it. In other words what might be effective if you were not too depressed will be inaccesible to those who are very depressed
    • Posted

The only way I would try this is when I felt like I could. I wouldn't ever push my limits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.