I don’t know what to do

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I’m accident prone and I fell about two months ago and ever since I have had headaches and dizziness. Nothing makes them better they did scans and found damage to the left side of my head from the fall and put it as a concussion. They told me I needed to rest for a week without any lights on, computer or phone on and I was not aloud to work. (I work in construction) I have been too busy to do any of that I don’t even get home until 9 or 10 pm at night and by that time I’m exhausted. I eat and go to bed, I’m 19 my life is crazy right now how am I supposed to just drop everything and rest for a week. But I’m worried since I didn’t I may have caused more damage to my head because today I ended up in the hospital because I woke up with dizziness and headaches that continued for hours until I went in it felt like I was drunk it was so bad. They said I had vertigo but I think it’s something more serious. I had an appointment with a  neurologist but had to cancel because of a court thing and it was getting to close to when I needed to be at court so I had to cancel. I haven’t had time to reschedule so that’s a problem too because when I fell I passed out from how hard I hit my head. Advice on what to do please. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alleson. I am sorry about your accident and how it is affecting your life. Having to drop everything that you do must be frustrating and almost impossible; easier said than done.If I were you making an appointment with a neurologist makes sense because he is the expert and can give you a more accurate diagnosis as to what is going on and treat it. Three months ago I broke my ankle and recently developed dizzy spills. It was hard for me to get up and use the crutches in the middle of the night because of the dizziness. The doctor said I had  Labyrinthitis and that it is temporary. The dizziness finally went away as I hope yours does. I am sure you will feel better once you see a neurologist, then your life can get back to normal! I hope everything works out for you Alleson!
  • Posted

Hi Alleson,

Did you originally fall on your job? If so then you should be covered by your companies workers comp. insurance. Then they would have to pay you while you take off to recover. Head injuries are nothing to take lightly and you are quite young (19). Try and see if your job will pay you so can take off and get better, and listen to the drs. they do know a little something...

I hope you get to feeling better.

txdap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.