I don’t know what to do any more.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I’ve been depressed for the majority of my life, staring when my mom divorced my father when I was seven and just getting progressively worse. Then my father after I turned twelve finally got custody of me but only for a single weekend a month. But sure did he make it every hour count and was making a great effort to get back into my life and make things better. Then only two years after my father contracted liver cancer and within two months he died. Ever since then I’ve only gone down hill , I become very depressed I got nervous ticks , I potentially have ADHD ( therapist says it’s a good possibility ) , and every time I make friends and make a close bond with them...they always leave. During my last year of middle school I made the closest friends I’ve had so far but it was a feeder school to a high school that was out of my district so I never saw any of them again , only in pictures and memories. Recently I volunteered at a retreat for my church for all of the soon to be confirmed and since their only a year or so younger than me it was easy to make friends with them. But today was likely the last day I’ll see them all in one group and I barely see most of them regardless . Specifically I made acquaintances with a girl there and she was like me but female , but she was in a different group but I really would like to get to know her better but she likely won’t , unless I can share myself to her in passing “ Hellos” in church . 

Though even if this sprouted to a romantic relationship I don’t think I’d be good for either of us . I have a lot of traits under my happy go lucky exterior that I’m scared to share face to face , and the thing I fear most would be me if I even get angry. You see whenever I get angry I go into a state we’re I can see through my eyes but I cannot control myself and I just relentlessly pummel anyone that made me angry , the only way to stop me is to run or get four or five people to hold me back to calm me down . I also don’t want to get into a relationship because I don’t ever want to do anything and I never want to do anything including schoolwork so I’m unable to really go anywhere. Even if all these obstacles are surpassed I can’t show myself to people the way I’m doing now and I don’t know how to express my feelings so every time I get the opportunity to try and make a relationship I turn it down but I sit and cry in my room and wish I would have done it , to express my desire to love and to feel loved but that’s not how I act with people. 

You might be wondering if you read this far “ What the hell is this kid doing , talk to your therapist about this “ and I can’t , my mom doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with me . When we went to the therapist and she recommended my mom just step back and treat me like someone who can make the right deductions she agrees in the office but in the elevator she says that’s stupid and insults her , when I went to the doctor for my many stress induced twitches the doctor recommends therapy and she agrees , I never saw a therapist. I also hear things , though very rarely and it’s always screams I’ve seen things pass through the floor and ceiling in the hallway and once the sliding glass door to the side of our house just shattered , no objects and it looked like it broke from the inside out as the glass was evenly dispersed and there was no remaining glass in its frame. 

So if anyone has any advice or anything that can help it’ll be much appreciated.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I feel very sorry for you.  You must be terribly lonely and frightened too.  IMO, you definitely need intervention in possible a group setting.  Some of the problems you explained could be signs of an illness where you may tend to harm yourself or others.  You need medical advice -- psychiatrist not social worker.  Medication may be warranted along with behavorial therapy.  How old are you, if I may ask?
    • Posted

Well I don’t dont like saying my age oh like  but I’m a Junior in HS.
    • Posted

And I....used to be a sadist so that might be a factor.

• Posted

I agree that you need a professional psychiatric help for the right treatment. I'm very sorry about what you're feeling. A lot of people here are in the same boat and are trying to help and support each other. There're way to cope and improve how you're feeling, but you should seek help.

• Posted

Hi there. It sounds like you're really suffering. I'm sorry. Did you say that after you and your mom visited the psychiatrist she never took you back? How old are you? Depending on how old you are and where you live you may be able to get some psychiatric help by yourself. Would you tell us the answer to these questions? Diane

• Posted

Ya she’s took me but she didn’t like what she said  and haven’t been since.
  • Posted

I'm very sorry, what you been through. Sad to say but this is life. STAY STRONG!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.