I don't know what to do I have just been diagnosed and the pain is unbearable

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any advice from anyone please help????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jojolife

The next step is to think positive and stop stressing and start taking medication to for pain management... physio and exercise will help. Start eating a healthy diet and taking supplements for bone health, but have a word with your consultant first about supplements. I am sure your consultant will give you all the advice you need...think positive..you can still live a happy and prosperous life..it's not the end of the world!.....my very best wishes to you....

• Posted

Hi jojo

I was recently diagnosed too. I've been trying an anti-inflammatory diet, supplements, yoga and acupuncture. This combination has been working well for me. Daily exercise is very important.

Right now I'm not taking any meds and my goal is to function well without them which I have been doing most days the last few months. But everyone is different. Some choose medication, some choose lifestyle and some do both

Don't despair. You will be ok. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk to someone ?

• Posted

Good Morning jojo,sorry your for your pain. I have been taking taking Humeria for the past 6 months with little results. I was living on Oxyicodone for pain and it seemed to do the job. After a while, it wasn`t as effected as it used to be. My dependiance on the Oxyicodone was causing an addiction I couldn`t handle

I went to my Pain Doctor and told him I wanted something not as addictive as the Oxyis. He suggested medical marijuana. Not the cheapest way to go but very affected.

One other thing that was unexpected was weight loss. While taking the pain killer, I lost my appatite. I weighted close too 235 pounds. I now weigh a touch under 200. I hope all goes well in your treatment

Hickory

• Posted

The exercise one is interesting. Whenever I try to exercise (on a day where I'm feeling good) I find it makes me ache for about a week afterwards. The pain is particularly pronounced in my chest. It feels counterproductive to me at the moment, although I know the advice is to exercise every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.